GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am on the reservation list for the EV1 Hummer. The dealer just called and said they are adding to the MSRP $+10,000. Is it worth it? Will the EV1 hold its value?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
636 Posts
I think it will hold its value for a while as a limited edition.

However, as for your dealer charging over MSRP, is your Hummer on its way to a dealer now or has it not been built yet? If it hasn't, then get in touch with the Hummer Hotline setup by GM and find a dealer that won't charge over MSRP switch dealers and get it in writing.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi, I am on the reservation list for the EV1 Hummer. The dealer just called and said they are adding to the MSRP $+10,000. Is it worth it? Will the EV1 hold its value?
Hummer Ev will hold value until demand is satisfied, about 50K for the SUT, after that, or if GM has any technical problems with the Hummers systems (which is a real possibility considering GM's recent history with EV's) then will drop 40% or so. GM's EV's are not like Tesla, they will not hold value long term.

Tesla's get better with age, teething problems worked out and new software, Gm, not so much!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hummer Ev will hold value until demand is satisfied, about 50K for the SUT, after that, or if GM has any technical problems with the Hummers systems (which is a real possibility considering GM's recent history with EV's) then will drop 40% or so. GM's EV's are not like Tesla, they will not hold value long term.

Tesla's get better with age, teething problems worked out and new software, Gm, not so much!
GM has said they are a software company now. I'm still holding my breath. Rivian's UI is so much cleaner and more responsive.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
GM has said they are a software company now. I'm still holding my breath. Rivian's UI is so much cleaner and more responsive.
haha! GM is an EV market leader at 26 per quarter, and now a software leader too? Hummer UI is cool to me in concept, but less cool in execution, it just tries to do too much that does not add to the user experience.

Rivian UI is far from perfect, but I have more faith they will get it right over time, much like Tesla. I remember my first time in a 2012 Model S, the UI was awful, but over time they made it the best.

·
Registered
120 Posts
haha! GM is an EV market leader at 26 per quarter, and now a software leader too? Hummer UI is cool to me in concept, but less cool in execution, it just tries to do too much that does not add to the user experience.

Rivian UI is far from perfect, but I have more faith they will get it right over time, much like Tesla. I remember my first time in a 2012 Model S, the UI was awful, but over time they made it the best.
Does everything indicate we will get over the air updates on the edition 1 hummers? i.e. features maybe and at least some UI improvements if needed?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
636 Posts
Does everything indicate we will get over the air updates on the edition 1 hummers? i.e. features maybe and at least some UI improvements if needed?
They have indicated several times OTA updates for the Hummer are coming and they provided an email to owners to send in ideas for OTA updates to be added to the truck.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
436 Posts
You should probably not buy a Ford, they have so many bugs and glitches, even after getting several OTAs that seem to not fix anything. I have owned a Volt and a Bolt and the software quality has been good, but obviously not feature rich. But the car works and drives like it is supposed to. I think Ford got there software engineers from Microsoft.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
You should probably not buy a Ford, they have so many bugs and glitches, even after getting several OTAs that seem to not fix anything. I have owned a Volt and a Bolt and the software quality has been good, but obviously not feature rich. But the car works and drives like it is supposed to. I think Ford got there software engineers from Microsoft.
I have not owned a Ford before. I have heard Mach E has its share of bugs... Past GM products have very few bugs, but that is all outsourced software, starting with the Blazer, will be running GM's homegrown Linux based software, this may be an adventure for a while as they dial in the features and reliability. On the Hummer GM is just using bits of their old software, and bits of new software along with animations they subbed out. Not sure how buggy it is, but IMO it is just too busy, and had no clear and clean plan. Tesla has a simple UI (which just got updated recently and IMO a step backwards) but they change things so often, it makes it hard for a light user like me to keep up. Tesla is more geared to the nerds that sit in their cars and try to discover the new features each update. I am more the type of user that goes looking for features I knew how to use a week ago, but are now changed, and I have to figure it out again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, If you have placed a reservation, you can change the dealer of record at any time. I am a GMC Dealer in CT and would be happy to handle the sale of your new HUMMER at MSRP.
Again, you can change the dealer right up until the vehicle is shipped. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, If you have placed a reservation, you can change the dealer of record at any time. I am a GMC Dealer in CT and would be happy to handle the sale of your new HUMMER at MSRP.
Again, you can change the dealer right up until the vehicle is shipped. Let me know if I can help.
Thank you for the information. I wish what you said was consistent with what the concierge desk is saying. They said that once it’s customer verified and dealer verified it can not be changed even though no VIN has been assigned. I don’t know what to believe anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you for the information. I wish what you said was consistent with what the concierge desk is saying. They said that once it’s customer verified and dealer verified it can not be changed even though no VIN has been assigned. I don’t know what to believe anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️
This sounds like what everyone has been told. If it has been verified with the dealer it cannot be switched even if it hasnt shipped yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We
This sounds like what everyone has been told. If it has been verified with the dealer it cannot be switched even if it hasnt shipped yet.
Makes sense, since it is the dealer that places the actual order shortly after you verify it with them - i.e. then its their truck to take delivery of first at that point.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome to the forum @HUMMER DEALER! Nice to have some dealer insight here. How many orders have you received at your dealership?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @HUMMER DEALER! Nice to have some dealer insight here. How many orders have you received at your dealership?
Thank You, We have received 19 reservations but have not received any vehicles yet.
We

Makes sense, since it is the dealer that places the actual order shortly after you verify it with them - i.e. then its their truck to take delivery of first at that point.
It's really not the dealers vehicle until it is invoiced to them. In the case of the Hummer the dealer isn't invoiced until the vehicle arrives.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank You, We have received 19 reservations but have not received any vehicles yet.

It's really not the dealers vehicle until it is invoiced to them. In the case of the Hummer the dealer isn't invoiced until the vehicle arrives.
I figured that after the "ship" step from the original four step emails, that you wouldn't be able to change your dealer, but no-one is getting another email then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it will hold its value for a while as a limited edition.

However, as for your dealer charging over MSRP, is your Hummer on its way to a dealer now or has it not been built yet? If it hasn't, then get in touch with the Hummer Hotline setup by GM and find a dealer that won't charge over MSRP switch dealers and get it in writing.
i’ll
My dealer didn’t add anything to my original price but even with a 10k add it’s still going to be a good buy.
There are 4 listed on Autotrader for 300k ish.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
i’ll

My dealer didn’t add anything to my original price but even with a 10k add it’s still going to be a good buy.
There are 4 listed on Autotrader for 300k ish.
Ya, but if you pay your dealer the 10K markup, that is just giving them a gift, I would much rather put the 10K in my kids college fund or donate to charity than give it to greedy dealer, F--- greedy dealers IMO

It would be the same if you went to Costco to buy something and the cashier said, "you look like a sucker, so we are going to charge you 10% more than we charge others" No Way!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya, but if you pay your dealer the 10K markup, that is just giving them a gift, I would much rather put the 10K in my kids college fund or donate to charity than give it to greedy dealer, F--- greedy dealers IMO

It would be the same if you went to Costco to buy something and the cashier said, "you look like a sucker, so we are going to charge you 10% more than we charge others" No Way!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Except Costco doesn’t sell Hummer’s
and his is at a GMC dealership.
I’m no sucker. I bought mine for sticker.
My point was the value is still well above
the 10k upcharge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts