GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting question, GM with the Hummer EV, Rivian, and Ford are all building EV pickups that do not qualify for full section 179 business tax deduction, I wonder if GM will fix this on the Silverado EV and extend the bed to over 6' long? I think GM has to do this on the Silverado EV, and GMC version, as most businesses the Section 179 deduction is a huge benefit to spur fleet upgrading.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think that may be a few years down the road. I would guess that the first couple years of production would be sold out easily due to heavy demand and the ramp up of the battery factory.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that may be a few years down the road. I would guess that the first couple years of production would be sold out easily due to heavy demand and the ramp up of the battery factory.
I think the Silverado may be configured different then the HummerEV from day one, think body slid forward on the chassis... Hummer EV was designed all around approach and departure angles, SilveradoEV will not have that, so longer front and rear overhangs are likely. Also a longer truck (nose especially) improves aerodynamics, increasing range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts