GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
All of Rivians service centers are remodels of existing buildings, no new construction. I had my R1T up to $95k, without removable roof, so not 50% cost difference.
95K, how? You must have the max pack (more range then Hummer EV) and camp kitchen (something no other truck offers) and wheels, tent too?

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
234 Posts
95K, how? You must have the max pack (more range then Hummer EV) and camp kitchen (something no other truck offers) and wheels, tent too?
R1T Adventure $75k
max pack battery $10k
Black 20s $3.5k
Limestone paint $1.5k
Camp kitchen $5k

Later I would have added spare tire and compressor kit $1k
Not sure what the removable roof would be

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
R1T Adventure $75k
max pack battery $10k
Black 20s $3.5k
Limestone paint $1.5k
Camp kitchen $5k

Later I would have added spare tire and compressor kit $1k
Not sure what the removable roof would be
So 20% cheaper then the Hummer EV, bigger wheels, compressor, kitchen, more range, better paint color... Seems like a funny comparison. More payload in the R1T, towing ?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
A guy on the Mach E forums just posted some photos of a Hummer charging at an EA station, I was impressed, pulling 140 kw at 90% SoC. I will try to get a copy of the photo.
Haha! ya right... If GM was doing that, it's no wonder every long range Ev the company has ever built is being recalled due to battery fires.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
A guy on the Mach E forums just posted some photos of a Hummer charging at an EA station, I was impressed, pulling 140 kw at 90% SoC. I will try to get a copy of the photo.
The pictures don't lie, starts some taper after 90%:

View attachment 1248 View attachment 1249 View attachment 1250
That is a high charge rate that high in the battery capacity. Super impressive, but I will not rule out a bug at this point. C rate is inline with E-Tron which is the fastest charging car at high charge levels. Possibly this is the final software and the other hummerEV's spotted charging have beta software? If so impressive at high levels, but....

Still seems a bit weak overall with a 200 kWh battery, 102 kWh added in 47 minutes? Remember the charger number is not what actually makes it to the battery, that is the amount outputted by the charger, there is some loss in translation so maybe added 95kWh to the battery. This could be though 200 miles added in 47 minutes? not terrible, not great... I think the Rivian will beat that.

I think on all this charging stuff we have to wait for independent 0-100% tests for Rivian, Hummer, and Lucid, to really learn anything, as Mach E was a fast charging car before release, then we found out it is atrocious in the real world.

·
Registered
163 Posts
$42+ for 200 miles? Yuck. That seems kinda high. Aren’t normal charging rates around .23-.30 per kWh? I know home charging here in Indiana is the cheapest at around .13 per kWh and then a little more if using public charging. But is 43 cents a little high?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
$42+ for 200 miles? Yuck. That seems kinda high. Aren’t normal charging rates around .23-.30 per kWh? I know home charging here in Indiana is the cheapest at around .13 per kWh and then a little more if using public charging. But is 43 cents a little high?
You will charge mostly at home, for me $.09 per kWh, on the road is substantially more expensive.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I have been thinking, before the initial test drive reports come out, what do we expect? Will the Hummer EV match or exceed GM's promises?

0-60 in around 3 seconds?

350+ miles of EPA range?

How will it drive on road?

How will it drive off road?

Will the interior be well screwed together (no squeaks and rattles)?

Software, will all the cool display animations and features work smoothly?

EV powertrain, will the motors work smoothly all the time (no cogging)?

Will GM sneak in their cheaply made components on the interior (turn signal stalk)?

Overall, will the Hummer EV match or exceed expectations?

When will GM deliver the first batch of HummerEV's to customers?
Ok, not that anyone cares, but my guesses are

0-60 will be under 3 seconds (WTF mode experience is a hit with reviewers)

Range 365 Miles

Driving will be good on and off road

Interior will be tight and no squeaks and rattles for the first few years

Software... hmmm, It will be cool if GM makes it all work as advertised I am 50/50 on this one initially.

EV powertrain will work fine

There will be some cheaply made components, and some of GM's patented crappy plastic, but hopefully small quantities (signal stalk to start) as crazy as it drives me, old bad habits are hard to break for GM

Overall I think the HummerEV will exceed most expectations

First truck will be delivered this week (might have some cool mods), regular deliveries starting later this month, or early November

·
Registered
163 Posts
Regular deliveries starting later this month would require them to lock in the orders ASAP. Gotta release some more specs before they can expect consumers to lock it in

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Regular deliveries starting later this month would require them to lock in the orders ASAP. Gotta release some more specs before they can expect consumers to lock it in
Dealers I think will be briefed this week, first deliveries will be in MI, once ordered they throw them on a truck to the dealership.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts