GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys - just took delivery of my EV1 here in Austin on Saturday and wanted to share a few thoughts with you all who may be waiting.

Chances are good if you are getting this car, you're probably considering selling it because of the current market premium. It had crossed my mind as well, and when I took delivery I tried my best not to like it so I wouldn't feel bad about possibly selling as I have two other vehicles arriving yet this month. 馃

That plan went completely out the window within 24 hours. I'd pay $200k+ for this truck myself so I understand why the market is the way it is - there is just nothing like it. It's hard to explain in terms of the experience it provides in any way other than that it makes you feel like a little kid again. It's such an absolute oxymoron of a vehicle that you can't help but love it, especially with the roof off.

I am a die hard Tesla fan (currently DD Model X P100D) but the experience of this vehicle is so much different than any other electric vehicle out there. The new electric trucks will be cool but honestly nothing is going to touch this - it's in a league of its own.

Kudos to the GM team, you guys crushed it.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Truck Hood

Registered
What's up guys - just took delivery of my EV1 here in Austin on Saturday and wanted to share a few thoughts with you all who may be waiting.

Chances are good if you are getting this car, you're probably considering selling it because of the current market premium. It had crossed my mind as well, and when I took delivery I tried my best not to like it so I wouldn't feel bad about possibly selling as I have two other vehicles arriving yet this month. 馃

That plan went completely out the window within 24 hours. I'd pay $200k+ for this truck myself so I understand why the market is the way it is - there is just nothing like it. It's hard to explain in terms of the experience it provides in any way other than that it makes you feel like a little kid again. It's such an absolute oxymoron of a vehicle that you can't help but love it, especially with the roof off.

I am a die hard Tesla fan (currently DD Model X P100D) but the experience of this vehicle is so much different than any other electric vehicle out there. The new electric trucks will be cool but honestly nothing is going to touch this - it's in a league of its own.

View attachment 2500
Totally agree, the HummerEV is awesome, although not perfect. Interestingly, short media drives show all of the HummerEV weaknesses, but after having the vehicle for a week or so, the truck shows you it's strengths. I agree with @dje the app could have more functionality, and the infotainment could be faster, stay tuned for the 2024 model which will be updated in those areas. The Hummer EV though has coolness in spades, and is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. It is a GM triumph to have brought this to market in 2 years and gotten so much about it right.

Registered
Totally agree, the HummerEV is awesome, although not perfect. Interestingly, short media drives show all of the HummerEV weaknesses, but after having the vehicle for a week or so, the truck shows you it's strengths. I agree with @dje the app could have more functionality, and the infotainment could be faster, stay tuned for the 2024 model which will be updated in those areas. The Hummer EV though has coolness in spades, and is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. It is a GM triumph to have brought this to market in 2 years and gotten so much about it right.
If they update them in 2024 do you think they鈥檒l do a software update to make the 22 and 23 models function better?

Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
鈥淚nterestingly, short media drives show all of the HummerEV weaknesses, but after having the vehicle for a week or so, the truck shows you it's strengths.鈥

I like this statement.

Look forward to delivery soon鈥.

Registered

View attachment 2500
awesome. who was your dealer? mine is Covert in Austin and I saw 4 Edition 1s on the lot a week or so ago so one would have been yours.

can鈥檛 wait for the factory to reopen and get mine built & delivered. thanks for confirming it鈥檚 awesomeness. Also had 5 Teslas here since 2012 so excited to have a good product from GM!

Registered
If they update them in 2024 do you think they鈥檒l do a software update to make the 22 and 23 models function better?
The HummerEV infotainment functions well, it's just slow, but some of the slowness seems designed in with graphics, it's not buggy from what I have seen, so I expect some new apps, and functions, but not a speed up in the future for the current trucks.

The later vehicles will get GM's new OS, and Ultifi, far more software/ service capability, and a different app, I doubt the new setup will be backwards compatible.

Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
The HummerEV infotainment functions well, it's just slow, but some of the slowness seems designed in with graphics, it's not buggy from what I have seen, so I expect some new apps, and functions, but not a speed up in the future for the current trucks.

The later vehicles will get GM's new OS, and Ultifi, far more software/ service capability, and a different app, I doubt the new setup will be backwards compatible.
Newer trucks should be also taking advantage of a new snapdragon cpu architecture. It takes ages for GM to validate these for vehicle use.

That's why GM and other Vehicle manufactures use older chip designs because they went through validation for reliability and longevity especially in different harsh environments.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with you. Also big tesla fan have 2 S plaids but selling one now as hummer took its place. I love the hummer as my new daily, my only hopes is they get the tech on the app up to tesla standard then it will be perfect.
Yep that was originally what made me dislike it as well - it's just SO easy with Teslas. I love that GM is trying hard without just blatantly copying everything Tesla has done, that's cool to me. Pic of my Hummer next to my brother's new Plaid. Looks like a good combo!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Sky

That's right on! It's so easy to compare it to other electric vehicles but it's the experience that sets it apart - there really is nothing else like it. As far as the tech goes, wireless Apple CarPlay for now will keep me happy haha.

awesome. who was your dealer? mine is Covert in Austin and I saw 4 Edition 1s on the lot a week or so ago so one would have been yours.

can鈥檛 wait for the factory to reopen and get mine built & delivered. thanks for confirming it鈥檚 awesomeness. Also had 5 Teslas here since 2012 so excited to have a good product from GM!
Awesome! I was supposed to be delivered to Covert but they tried to charge me $50k over so I moved it to Patriot GMC in Killeen.

You are going to love it!

Registered
Yep that was originally what made me dislike it as well - it's just SO easy with Teslas. I love that GM is trying hard without just blatantly copying everything Tesla has done, that's cool to me. Pic of my Hummer next to my brother's new Plaid. Looks like a good combo!
View attachment 2501

That's right on! It's so easy to compare it to other electric vehicles but it's the experience that sets it apart - there really is nothing else like it. As far as the tech goes, wireless Apple CarPlay for now will keep me happy haha.

Awesome! I was supposed to be delivered to Covert but they tried to charge me $50k over so I moved it to Patriot GMC in Killeen.

You are going to love it!
nice. They gave me a quote in March of MSRP + tint and protection packages being required for like 2k so was cool with that overall. They best not pull a switcheroo though.

Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One

How fast does the display show the crabwalk loading screen when you hold down the button? That was the biggest "is it actually going to work or not" problem with mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How fast does the display show the crabwalk loading screen when you hold down the button? That was the biggest "is it actually going to work or not" problem with mine.
My thought was that you had to hold down the button for crab walk so you didn't inadvertently press it and start driving crazy. Once it reaches the full circle I just let it go and it's ready to 'walk'.

Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
My thought was that you had to hold down the button for crab walk so you didn't inadvertently press it and start driving crazy. Once it reaches the full circle I just let it go and it's ready to 'walk'.
Mine sometimes would take a solid 10 seconds before the loading animation would even display.

Registered
oMG! Well, I guess I鈥檒l be getting the newer infotainment regardless. If the Hummer has any real bugs, hopefully by then they鈥檒l be sorted.
Ya, it's going to be a while for orders placed now. Production will crank up towards the end of this year but there is a big backlog to work through.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts