GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Correct. It will have two exterior color options and two interior options. Standard 20's with optional 22's. That's it for options, everything else is standard. This is kind of a change for GM so I'm hoping this initial rollout should be fairly smooth.
I think GM is doing this right, batch building is the way to go, much more efficient in your factory.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think GM is doing this right, batch building is the way to go, much more efficient in your factory.
Not only that but should make it easier for consumers. Sometimes ordering a truck can really go down a rabbit hole figuring out what feature someone wants and then what package it comes in or what trim level it comes on also. Even on this forum you can see how much easier it is. People are saying all over I picked "this" trim because I want this feature or not. Making more standard and less optional will improve efficiency and I think is more transparent to the customer on these orders.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am warming to Lyriq a bit, but still wish it had AWD for my use and the area I live. My buddy said the Cadillac folks told him, that like the hummerEV the first year Lyriq only has a couple options, color (2) and wheels (2), everything else is standard at the <60K. Like the Hummer, GM is planning to batch build the Lyriq.. Taking a page from Tesla's playbook. It sounds like a great package though, Heated and cooled seats standard... Wow...
I would expect the AWD version would come out for the 23 model year, so it should not be too long of a wait after the 22s come out later spring/summer. As you mentioned the first models are using the Model T way - any way you want it as long as it’s black (or grey). Then gradually add the options - and the price!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I would expect the AWD version would come out for the 23 model year, so it should not be too long of a wait after the 22s come out later spring/summer. As you mentioned the first models are using the Model T way - any way you want it as long as it’s black (or grey). Then gradually add the options - and the price!
Lyriq is launching as a 2023 Model... 2024 Model will get AWD...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Are they teasing that we might be able to watch the assembly line startup? or am I overthinking things?

Interesting.... Maybe they will show it live when production starts, would be cool...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey guys haven’t been on here in a while can some one bring up to speed when am I getting my hummer edition one dammit lol …. side note I got my Tesla Model S Plaid and this thing is an absolute roller coaster I drove a lot of high horse powered cars in my life from owning a dodge demon and driving my friends Mclaren 765LT and all sorts of cars and none of them give you the feeling this car does it’s absolutely amazing

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Hey guys haven’t been on here in a while can some one bring up to speed when am I getting my hummer edition one dammit lol …. side note I got my Tesla Model S Plaid and this thing is an absolute roller coaster I drove a lot of high horse powered cars in my life from owning a dodge demon and driving my friends Mclaren 765LT and all sorts of cars and none of them give you the feeling this car does it’s absolutely amazing View attachment 1177 View attachment 1178 View attachment 1179

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Hey guys haven’t been on here in a while can some one bring up to speed when am I getting my hummer edition one dammit lol …. side note I got my Tesla Model S Plaid and this thing is an absolute roller coaster I drove a lot of high horse powered cars in my life from owning a dodge demon and driving my friends Mclaren 765LT and all sorts of cars and none of them give you the feeling this car does it’s absolutely amazing View attachment 1177 View attachment 1178 View attachment 1179
Nice... beautiful car, but the wheels? on a 130K car look the same as my $49K model Y. I hope you are planning to upgrade?

181 - 198 of 198 Posts