GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Any way to determine where you are "in line" for either the Pickup or SUV?

I've heard people saying the order #s are not sequential, and besides that, I am guessing each dealer will get some allocation of Hummer EVs for both pickups and SUVs. Ford completely ruined the "reservation system" for Ford Broncos, so I hope GMC has some better plan for getting these reservations converted into orders, and then actually building the Hummer for the customer who reserved.

Production is also very low now for the pickup, I sure hope it ramps quickly in Q3 and Q4 and then they can actually start building the SUV early in 2023.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of info here about production rates, specifically when the Lordstown factory fully opens, but no there is no way to tell exactly where you are in line. Dealers and concierge know very little also. Some fall delivery people have already received their edition 1’s while some spring people are still waiting

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks. Has GM committed that reservations be converted to orders and built according to timestamp of initial reservation? I would imagine that some dealers would get priority for their orders given their higher sales volume with GMC, regardless of whether they give typical allocations for the Hummer EV. I am guessing GM could manipulate this to please their volume movers.
No, GM doesnt appear to be building and delivering based on time stamp, at least for edition 1 orders. Hard to pinpoint their priorities but location, dealer set up, and shortages seem to have an affect on who gets theirs first. Seems as though location has been the main factor so they can get multiple on one truckload that are coming to the same or nearby locations so the driver doesn't have to divert far off one route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts