GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to buy a set of 22" wheels ahead of time, but I'm glad that I didn't. Thought that they'd be 8 x 180, like the other GMC trucks. Concierge informed me that they're 8 x 165.1, which I believe is what the H2's had too. Awaiting a response on the offset/backspacing.

Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc doesn't seem to have that information online, so I figured I'd post it for others in case they want a different set of wheels.

Concierge also told me that my truck was marked as shipped on Tuesday. The dealer is 18 miles from Factory Zero. They don't have the truck yet. Getting antsy!!!

·
Super Moderator
454 Posts
I was planning to buy a set of 22" wheels ahead of time, but I'm glad that I didn't. Thought that they'd be 8 x 180, like the other GMC trucks. Concierge informed me that they're 8 x 165.1, which I believe is what the H2's had too. Awaiting a response on the offset/backspacing.

Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc doesn't seem to have that information online, so I figured I'd post it for others in case they want a different set of wheels.

Concierge also told me that my truck was marked as shipped on Tuesday. The dealer is 18 miles from Factory Zero. They don't have the truck yet. Getting antsy!!!
Well that will make our search for wheels that much harder. I've been looking for a solid answer on that as well. I had only been looking at the 8x180 patterns also. Back to square 1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like someone has already replaced their wheels. Found an advertisement on EBay for 4 new Hummer EV wheels, Columbus OH.

I've finally settled on a set of wheels/tires. Ultra Villain 24 x 12 wheels (bronze / black) and Nitto Recon Grappler 315/50/24 (36.5 x 12.75). 3640lb weight rating. I'll keep the factory ones though for long trips and for pothole season (Mar-Apr) in Michigan. The 18" wheels will be less likely to bend than the 24" wheels when hitting a pothole. The bronze wheels will match up with the bronze tow hooks and bronze badging well.
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle part Hubcap
Product Font Screenshot Multimedia Software

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Looks like someone has already replaced their wheels. Found an advertisement on EBay for 4 new Hummer EV wheels, Columbus OH.

I've finally settled on a set of wheels/tires. Ultra Villain 24 x 12 wheels (bronze / black) and Nitto Recon Grappler 315/50/24 (36.5 x 12.75). 3640lb weight rating. I'll keep the factory ones though for long trips and for pothole season (Mar-Apr) in Michigan. The 18" wheels will be less likely to bend than the 24" wheels when hitting a pothole. The bronze wheels will match up with the bronze tow hooks and bronze badging well.
View attachment 1657 View attachment 1658
Columbus OH, isn't that @StillHummer neighborhood? Did he get the first one?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

View attachment 1657 View attachment 1658
good looking wheels...

·
Administrator
727 Posts
Columbus OH, isn't that @StillHummer neighborhood? Did he get the first one?
Unfortunately not, but you're close...I'm up in Cleveland 👍 and I'm going to get an SUV instead of the truck, or else I'd love to take the credit for putting those wheels up on eBay!

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
IIRC if you order accessory wheels from the factory the vehicle gets shipped to the dealership on factory steelies(that get shipped back to the factory) and the accessory wheels are installed then. At least that's how it was done for some vehicles.

My Volt has the Blackout package from factory, it came with specific accessory wheels and not the standard LT wheels, I didn't get the spare LT wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts