GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive design Vehicle Gear shift Camera accessory Motor vehicle

Has anyone sent feedback to GMC about the fourth button on the drive mode selector?

For those of us who haven't taken delivery and missed this detail, there's an unassigned mode on the wheel behind the gear selector that currently does nothing but invites owners to send their thoughts on what they'd like the button to do. (more here: Hummer EV Comes With A Feature That GMC Hasn't Figured Out Just Yet)

So what's missing? The best I can think of, so far, would be an extreme tight-turn option - one that automatically maxes the angle of the rear wheels counter to the fronts to give the smallest turning circle possible. Obviously that kinda happens already when you just turn the wheel, but I'm thinking this feature might cut a tiny bit off the radius by maxing out the rear steer right off the bat.

What else can we think of?

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
Obviously that kinda happens already when you just turn the wheel, but I'm thinking this feature might cut a tiny bit off the radius by maxing out the rear steer right off the bat.
Having the steering in "off-road" mode does this. It's a little unsettling, the back end almost feels like it's losing traction.

·
Registered
04' HUMMER H2
150 Posts
I'd say via software they should let us choose a function for this button - i.e. we assign it on screen, and the button does what we choose with selections such as 1) extract, 2) max lower, 3) max efficiency, 4) others? That would be the way to go - make it a "hard" programable auxillary switch.
I'm all for this and it would be great to have it tied to a specific driver like what many automakers have done with other features.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts