GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, and for people with reservations, many have every EV under the moon reserved. I had the Hummer Edition 1, Lightning, R1T, and Silverado all reserved. Taking delivery of the Hummer as like it best. Canceled the Ford. Switched the Rivian to the R1S but even then may take my Hummer SUV 3X reservation for delivery over it.
Yes, I have the Hummer EV 3X, Cybertruck, and Silverado EV RST reserved, first one that I can actually get wins-> it’ll probably be the HEV since I’m only about 50,000 on the list. Any would suit my electric truck needs and desires, although it looks like the Hummer EV would be the most fun! Also, I’m not too keen on the Silverado EV RST having the giant transparent roof, since I live in Hawaii and would have to put a suction cup sun blocker up there or something ……

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice. I confirmed with my dealer they’d actually be charging MSRP as I’ve heard a few stories of trucks arriving then dealers charging huge markups. They said they would honor MSRP.
Good thing to do! Mine is MSRP but they require a tint and ceramic coating package. Bit overpriced but not the worst thing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check the sticker with the build date on the truck when you get a chance because other trucks with VINs that low were built in late spring/early summer. My assumption has been that they start builds in sequential VIN order but at some point in the build process trucks are pulled aside for one reason or another (faulty part, QC issue, etc) and are completed at a later date. If yours was “built” two weeks ago that would be one of the shortest built email to dealer waits I’ve seen on here, nearly unprecedented. Not impossible but that would be very weird. I think “completed/shipped” two weeks ago would make more sense but shrug. How close are you to Michigan? I’m fascinated with the logistics going on.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check the sticker with the build date on the truck when you get a chance because other trucks with VINs that low were built in late spring/early summer. My assumption has been that they start builds in sequential VIN order but at some point in the build process trucks are pulled aside for one reason or another (faulty part, QC issue, etc) and are completed at a later date. If yours was “built” two weeks ago that would be one of the shortest built email to dealer waits I’ve seen on here, nearly unprecedented. Not impossible but that would be very weird. I think “completed/shipped” two weeks ago would make more sense but shrug. How close are you to Michigan? I’m fascinated with the logistics going on.
Yeah, will check. Get to see it tomorrow early at dealer I think so will look for the sticker too. Yeah it was the "FULLY BUILD COMPLETED" email last week, so your right, perhaps it was built before that and needed some late minute parts or fixes to be fully complete. We'll see. But yeah, it just showed up 2 weeks after that built email at dealer, surprised them too.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Yeah, will check. Get to see it tomorrow early at dealer I think so will look for the sticker too. Yeah it was the "FULLY BUILD COMPLETED" email last week, so your right, perhaps it was built before that and needed some late minute parts or fixes to be fully complete. We'll see. But yeah, it just showed up 2 weeks after that built email at dealer, surprised them too.
Build month will be in the door jamb, likely was built in May, or June

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine arrived at dealer today with no shipping email or warning. Got VIN 580 built 2 weeks ago.
Congrats! Excited to hear some getting out there. I am over 15 weeks since my “Spring” build was built and still no word on when it’ll actually show up. Hopefully it’ll just pop up at the dealer like yours did, but I’m not holding my breath.

I did see VIN 1015 pop up on autotrader at a dealer in IL, so they’re getting through them a little better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6, 2022 HEV1
71 Posts
Congrats! Excited to hear some getting out there. I am over 15 weeks since my “Spring” build was built and still no word on when it’ll actually show up. Hopefully it’ll just pop up at the dealer like yours did, but I’m not holding my breath.

I did see VIN 1015 pop up on autotrader at a dealer in IL, so they’re getting through them a little better now.

Do you know if your dealer has confirmed that they installed the charging and have the lifts required for the Hummer EV? I heard from GMC that they are holding for that kind of issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you know if your dealer has confirmed that they installed the charging and have the lifts required for the Hummer EV? I heard from GMC that they are holding for that kind of issue.
Yes, I confirmed with my dealer back in February that they were all set on their requirements.

They also confirmed that based on the reservation time stamp I should have been the first one they received. Instead they have already received and delivered others back in July.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts