GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
I don’t want to start a whole new thread, I know this guy asked about the EV2, I just reserved an EV3x pickup, what is everyone’s thoughts on timeline for that build? I assume GMC is going to prioritize building the more expensive units first.
We don’t know the split but there’s probably 80k reservations in front of you if you just reserved. Those of us that reserved two years ago are still probably looking at 2023 deliveries at the earliest, you’re probably looking at 2024/25 at the earliest. GM’s original estimates were based on having built 10-15k hummers at this point, but they’ve only built 1k. They’ve yet to update their delivery estimates based on reduced production.

· Registered
367 Posts
I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't cut off reservations for a while the way they did with the Lyric, Ford did with the Lightning, and other EVs have done. Someone going to the reservation site cold and picking a 3X would think they'll be getting a truck in the next couple months. When, given the info that 80% are on the ED1 waiting list (meaning they reserved a 3X), they've got ~64k 3X reservations to get through and they haven't finished ED1s.
Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

· Registered
367 Posts
I think I read they had like a 90% conversion rate on their reservations too. I’m curious if that will keep up and how much of that is flippers trying to make a quick buck. Hopefully that market will slow as more of these get released.
I’d be surprised if, given the economy, as people are as eager to part with $100k as they were a couple months back as resale values begin to approach MSRP. Also, the people early and eager enough to get an ED1 reservation were always going to be the highest conversions. Once you get into people that shrugged at $100 reservation fee on a whim but were on the fence about actually buying; conversion will go down.

· Registered
367 Posts
Check the sticker with the build date on the truck when you get a chance because other trucks with VINs that low were built in late spring/early summer. My assumption has been that they start builds in sequential VIN order but at some point in the build process trucks are pulled aside for one reason or another (faulty part, QC issue, etc) and are completed at a later date. If yours was “built” two weeks ago that would be one of the shortest built email to dealer waits I’ve seen on here, nearly unprecedented. Not impossible but that would be very weird. I think “completed/shipped” two weeks ago would make more sense but shrug. How close are you to Michigan? I’m fascinated with the logistics going on.

· Registered
367 Posts
The Cybertruck increasingly feels like something they should have been like "you know what, Elon decreed and we tried, but the whole idea turned out to be silly, here's 'the new cybertruck'" and it just ends up looking like a scaled down Tesla Semi with a bed. We haven't even seen what it looks like after they make it full comply with regulatory auto law. And, you don't WANT an "indestructible" car. The point of crumple zones, deformable body panels, etc. is to absorb and redirect that energy so it doesn't transfer to the passengers. The point of glass that breaks safely and predictably is the ability to more safely extract passengers from an accident. I don't see how it passes EU regulations on pedestrian safety. It's their first "late to the market" product. They've had delays with things like the Model X but they had enough of a headstart where it didn't matter with their lack of competition at the time, but now it does. I'm mainly just curious how it all works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts