GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reserved my EV2x on Sept 10 (2022). What is a realistic expectation for actually receiving this vehicle??

i’m overdue for a new truck… I don’t mind waiting if it would be within the next few months, but if it will take a year or more than I need to go ahead and get into something else.

I can’t find any information about realistic expectations here so I was hoping somebody on this forum might have some actual credible insight.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,330 Posts
EV2X production doesn't start until Spring of 2023, will take 6 to 12 weeks after that likely before you get it. IF production ramps up significantly. However, you are in a long line of other reservation Holders, may be a lot longer..... How many Hummers have been ordered at your Dealership?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I don't expect anyone making a reservation today for any EV pickup would see it within the next year without some sort of luck of the draw, or the economy taking a complete shit.
I think reserving any EV pickup today, you are 2 years out at least, Late 2024, would be the earliest I would expect a Rivian, Lightning, Hummer or SilveradoE. Sierra E might be the best bet for getting an earlier truck, got to be online the second reservations start (which I expect before the end of this year) Still going to be early 2024, best case. .

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
247 Posts
I think reserving any EV pickup today, you are 2 years out at least, Late 2024, would be the earliest I would expect a Rivian, Lightning, Hummer or SilveradoE. Sierra E might be the best bet for getting an earlier truck, got to be online the second reservations start (which I expect before the end of this year) Still going to be early 2024, best case. .
Seems like a surprising number of folks have jumped the line on R1Ts (and not just influencers), probably based on being in the right location for someone's cancelled order.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Seems like a surprising number of folks have jumped the line on R1Ts (and not just influencers), probably based on being in the right location for someone's cancelled order.
Yes, Rivian is delivering the configurations they have, so if you wanted a different config, you get passed over. Best chance is take the option loaded truck with black interior, and high end wheels and colors, pay more, get it sooner. I am Cheap though, waiting for my R1S

·
Registered
405 Posts
On Hummers though if an order with dealer is placed and falls through after that, the truck is the dealers. Doesn't go to next person in line so won't have quite thr same impact on waiting. Instead dealers sell it with a high markup.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
On Hummers though if an order with dealer is placed and falls through after that, the truck is the dealers. Doesn't go to next person in line so won't have quite thr same impact on waiting. Instead dealers sell it with a high markup.
As resale value of the Hummer EV continues to drop, we will see less flippers, and likely more orders passed up.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
946 Posts
You're not going to be able to line jump like that if you don't have a reservation with a configuration. New ones are going into a different queue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t want to start a whole new thread, I know this guy asked about the EV2, I just reserved an EV3x pickup, what is everyone’s thoughts on timeline for that build? I assume GMC is going to prioritize building the more expensive units first.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don’t want to start a whole new thread, I know this guy asked about the EV2, I just reserved an EV3x pickup, what is everyone’s thoughts on timeline for that build? I assume GMC is going to prioritize building the more expensive units first.
We don’t know the split but there’s probably 80k reservations in front of you if you just reserved. Those of us that reserved two years ago are still probably looking at 2023 deliveries at the earliest, you’re probably looking at 2024/25 at the earliest. GM’s original estimates were based on having built 10-15k hummers at this point, but they’ve only built 1k. They’ve yet to update their delivery estimates based on reduced production.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We don’t know the split but there’s probably 80k reservations in front of you if you just reserved. Those of us that reserved two years ago are still probably looking at 2023 deliveries at the earliest, you’re probably looking at 2024/25 at the earliest. GM’s original estimates were based on having built 10-15k hummers at this point, but they’ve only built 1k. They’ve yet to update their delivery estimates based on reduced production.
That 80k number is across all builds right? EV1, 2, 2x and 3x?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't cut off reservations for a while the way they did with the Lyric, Ford did with the Lightning, and other EVs have done. Someone going to the reservation site cold and picking a 3X would think they'll be getting a truck in the next couple months. When, given the info that 80% are on the ED1 waiting list (meaning they reserved a 3X), they've got ~64k 3X reservations to get through and they haven't finished ED1s.
Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't cut off reservations for a while the way they did with the Lyric, Ford did with the Lightning, and other EVs have done. Someone going to the reservation site cold and picking a 3X would think they'll be getting a truck in the next couple months. When, given the info that 80% are on the ED1 waiting list (meaning they reserved a 3X), they've got ~64k 3X reservations to get through and they haven't finished ED1s.
View attachment 3110
I think I read they had like a 90% conversion rate on their reservations too. I’m curious if that will keep up and how much of that is flippers trying to make a quick buck. Hopefully that market will slow as more of these get released.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think I read they had like a 90% conversion rate on their reservations too. I’m curious if that will keep up and how much of that is flippers trying to make a quick buck. Hopefully that market will slow as more of these get released.
I’d be surprised if, given the economy, as people are as eager to part with $100k as they were a couple months back as resale values begin to approach MSRP. Also, the people early and eager enough to get an ED1 reservation were always going to be the highest conversions. Once you get into people that shrugged at $100 reservation fee on a whim but were on the fence about actually buying; conversion will go down.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I’d be surprised if, given the economy, as people are as eager to part with $100k as they were a couple months back as resale values begin to approach MSRP. Also, the people early and eager enough to get an ED1 reservation were always going to be the highest conversions. Once you get into people that shrugged at $100 reservation fee on a whim but were on the fence about actually buying; conversion will go down.
Yes, and for people with reservations, many have every EV under the moon reserved. I had the Hummer Edition 1, Lightning, R1T, and Silverado all reserved. Taking delivery of the Hummer as like it best. Canceled the Ford. Switched the Rivian to the R1S but even then may take my Hummer SUV 3X reservation for delivery over it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts