GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It would say 329 at a full charge no matter how I had been driving it. At least google maps' navigation estimates were pretty spot on for highway driving.
They definitely updated. Mine was 380+ the last time I charged to 100%
So they added the GOM feature now instead of the charge level in EPA miles. I am taking a highway trip this weekend, will see if that knocks the range estimate down.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been been almost exclusively driving in town recently. Only occasionally using the interstate for a few miles here and there. 80% for me right now is 327 miles. That equals 408+ miles to a charge!
I got an improvement of 7 miles in the latest cycle, now showing 324 miles at 80% SOC, I have been driving more this month so far, so should get better data soon. As for @azbill assertion that I don't have enough fun in the HummerEV, I drive it just like I do my other EV's, and always accelerate quicker then my past diesel truck. I do not however go around doing WTF launches and racing people, because that is not how I drive in any car. I did have an STI Subaru that tried to cut me off on a merging lane the other day, which did not work out well for the STI.
Output device Gadget Television set Computer monitor accessory Display device

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got an improvement of 7 miles in the latest cycle, now showing 324 miles at 80% SOC, I have been driving more this month so far, so should get better data soon. As for @azbill assertion that I don't have enough fun in the HummerEV, I drive it just like I do my other EV's, and always accelerate quicker then my past diesel truck. I do not however go around doing WTF launches and racing people, because that is not how I drive in any car. I did have an STI Subaru that tried to cut me off on a merging lane the other day, which did not work out well for the STI.
View attachment 2989
Went for a drive today with the family, about 50% Freeway, 50% country roads, drove 91 miles using 20% of the battery and 72 miles of the estimated range.

Gadget Font Multimedia Auto part Display device

·
Registered
406 Posts
Love that on average this thing is getting the original range or wa2y better than they estimated when advertising; 350+ miles is awesome.

My "small" Model S is supposed to get 375, starts at that, but in reality gets closer to 300 in mixed driving I'd say best, maybe 250-275 on a road trip.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love that on average this thing is getting the original range or wa2y better than they estimated when advertising; 350+ miles is awesome.

My "small" Model S is supposed to get 375, starts at that, but in reality gets closer to 300 in mixed driving I'd say best, maybe 250-275 on a road trip.
I am getting way above the 329 mile GM estimate, and have even started driving slightly harder after @azbill comment, but still getting more then GM estimated. HummerEV is the first EV I have driven that consistently exceeds the rated range. in mixed driving. We will soon take our first real road trip though, all freeway. I am going to stick to the 70 mph speed limit and see how far I can go, I speculate at 60 mph the Hummer would go much further, and make better trip time, but want to try 70 first. I am hoping to make it 290 miles to the first charger, then will charge to 60% each stop. We are so loaded with chargers on the west coast, I can plan for the most reliable stations at the intervals I think will work, trying to use EV-GO whenever possible because they are so much cheaper to use than EA for the HummerEv thanks to its fast charging speed.

On the HummerEV driving, it is not a sports car, and if you attempt to drive it like one, it's less pleasurable to drive then something like the Rivian R1T, I drive mine like a truck (respect the size and weight), like all the other trucks I have ever owned, and when driven like a truck, it's great. I try to accelerate and decelerate in a way that is does not feel like a bucking bronco, which requires some practice, you can use the power, but have to be smooth with it. I let my buddy AJ (the nickname fits) drive it, and let's just say if you drive it like AJ, it's not fun, and actually a bit scary (bucking bronco, and tires squealing in the corners).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts