GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
They are listed as optional on 3x and later. Does that mean without them you'd get a solid metal roof? Or non-glass removable panels?
I don't think we know yet. Likely removable still I believe, but solid panels it seems. I don't think they would create an entirely different frame (never 100% know though as it would be more simple).

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
124 Posts
They are listed as optional on 3x and later. Does that mean without them you'd get a solid metal roof? Or non-glass removable panels?
I believe transparent panels are standard on Edition 1 but optional on all other models. Standard on other models are opaque.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm guessing they'll just be black panels with solid centers instead of polycarbonate, almost certainly still removable. Even the SUV has a removable roof.
Agree, and probably black/glossy on exterior to match the roofline... not painted. I'm all game for this as i'm sure a lot of us in very hot climates would like to get an opaque set for Summer to block the heat that the transparent really let in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Agree, and probably black/glossy on exterior to match the roofline... not painted. I'm all game for this as i'm sure a lot of us in very hot climates would like to get an opaque set for Summer to block the heat that the transparent really let in.
yeah I'd love to have a set of each so I can swap them out depending on the time of the year

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine actually came with one solid black panel (right rear). Waiting for the replacement from the dealer. Dealer told be these where $3k a piece, hard to believe that maybe $3k for the set but still over the top.

When the replacement show up I will have ceramic tint installed on all four.

View attachment 2763
Ooo. One of the things making barely missing a Ed1 reservation sting less is being able to not check the sky view box after seeing some of the complaints about heat and light on here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the Califonia heat 90-105, The roof panels do a decent job at reflecting heat, I just do not care for the light from a translucent roof hence the tint, but might as well do ceramic tint for superior heat rejection.

Ooo. One of the things making barely missing a Ed1 reservation sting less is being able to not check the sky view box after seeing some of the complaints about heat and light on here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm in the Califonia heat 90-105, The roof panels do a decent job at reflecting heat, I just do not care for the light from a translucent roof hence the tint, but might as well do ceramic tint for superior heat rejection.
definitely interested in what tint ya use. Share when get done. Everyone seems to say they can’t be tinted since they are plastic and outgas, creating bubbles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine actually came with one solid black panel (right rear). Waiting for the replacement from the dealer. Dealer told be these where $3k a piece, hard to believe that maybe $3k for the set but still over the top.

When the replacement show up I will have ceramic tint installed on all four.

View attachment 2763
What is the material? Dark glass or metal or just plastic?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts