GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the central console on the right of the mode dial there is a “button” which shows what appears to be the Hummer logo surrounded by a target reticle ? I heard earlier that this was one Easter egg gmc wasn’t ready to talk about yet. Any ideas/speculation on it?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Cool. I was just trying to keep the forum from going too quiet.
Ya, we need some good Hummer Ev news to rekindle some excitement. I think we are coming to the final turn for the finish line, and news is going to pick up in the next 4-6 weeks. I love to speculate, but I think GM will show the first complete production representative Hummer EV before the Q2 earnings report in early August. Of course customer production will not start until September or later, but at least we will be able to see what the production vehicle will look like, and how many changes have been made from the original show truck.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to resurrect this: it could be extract mode, but the icon does not seem to help in that regard - no raising Hummer to the max look! I am hoping it’s something similar to what the Germans have:

I don’t think our US laws have caught up yet, but they look useful!

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
284 Posts
Just to resurrect this: it could be extract mode, but the icon does not seem to help in that regard - no raising Hummer to the max look! I am hoping it’s something similar to what the Germans have:

I don’t think our US laws have caught up yet, but they look useful!
Rivian has the automatic rotating headlights, they work with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Rivian has the automatic rotating headlights, they work with the steering wheel.
The headlights that turn are cool, but what @MattF is talking about in the Europeans are full adaptive beams. My Audi has that too, but not legal to be activated in the USA yet. With those you drive with the high beams on all the time and the can senses other vehicle and just dims the area around other cars.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is what I am hoping for.... Adaptive headlights like on my wife's Mercedes GLS.... it dims automatically when approaching another car and then automatically goes back to high beams when you pass... And it has the best night time lighting of any car I have driven... And I know that a friend of mines Audi has similar and his headlights turn with the steering wheel...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This is what I am hoping for.... Adaptive headlights like on my wife's Mercedes GLS.... it dims automatically when approaching another car and then automatically goes back to high beams when you pass... And it has the best night time lighting of any car I have driven... And I know that a friend of mines Audi has similar and his headlights turn with the steering wheel...
Ya, there are several headlight technologies. Auto brights are cool (except in Tesla's which do not work well)

This is Matrix Adaptive headlights, which are the ultimate in cool... but illegal in the USA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts