GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HEV for about 4 weeks now....yesterday I noticed the passenger window was down about 2 inches. Raised it and it automatically dropped back open 2 inches. Finally I got it to stay up, but now the window does't auto clear the exterior trim when the door is opened; it hangs up on the exterior trim when the door is closed.

Did a little research and found that maybe the window needed to be 'reprogrammed' by raising/lowering and holding the switch for a few seconds after fully closed/opened. That didn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've had my HEV for about 4 weeks now....yesterday I noticed the passenger window was down about 2 inches. Raised it and it automatically dropped back open 2 inches. Finally I got it to stay up, but now the window does't auto clear the exterior trim when the door is opened; it hangs up on the exterior trim when the door is closed.

Did a little research and found that maybe the window needed to be 'reprogrammed' by raising/lowering and holding the switch for a few seconds after fully closed/opened. That didn't work.

Hey @steve_2883 welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your issue with your Hummer. If it is a case of something needing to be reprogrammed I'd bring it in and have the dealer take a look.

Is there anything in the trim or around the window blocking it from going all the way up?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts

The Hummer lost the position of the Window and needs a relearn. That can happen.
Please follow these relearn steps from the Hummer Manual.

Font Screenshot Number

Key words here are "partially open"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hummer lost the position of the Window and needs a relearn. That can happen.
Please follow these relearn steps from the Hummer Manual.

View attachment 2486
Key words here are "partially open"
Thanks Nebula....I tried that routine with no luck. But, I did it from the driver's control switch, I'll try it from the actual passenger door control switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @steve_2883 welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your issue with your Hummer. If it is a case of something needing to be reprogrammed I'd bring it in and have the dealer take a look.

Is there anything in the trim or around the window blocking it from going all the way up?
It's at the dealership having the running boards and bed cover installed now. I'm hoping they can resolve the window issue while there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts