GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
A dealer that is closer to my home wasn’t an option when I reserved (Nov 2020) but now is listed as an option. Dropped by asking about switching my reservation to them. (I now know from this forum I don’t do that at dealership). They said they’re only getting 3 Hummers and have 11 reservations already so my best bet is to stay with my current dealer. I don’t have an issue with current dealer on reservation at this time other than it’s not as close, so no real need to change as of now. But my question: if all the other reservations are later than mine (dealer weren’t an option until after I did mine) wouldn’t I be number one on their list if I officially switched? And secondly, when GMC gets to my reservation, wonder if it matters what dealer I chose as to order and fulfillment date?
Seems to me it shouldn't matter since the trucks go out to reservation holders and where they chose, versus dealers getting certain allocations. Dealer should be happy you would move to them.

Other than that, we have seen deliveries go a little out of order but haven't figured out the pattern at all. Perhaps some geography matters, readiness of dealers with equipment/experience, but that seems to be fading away now. Early ones were close to factory, in California more, etc... now seems to just be more in order perhaps and all over the country.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seems to me it shouldn't matter since the trucks go out to reservation holders and where they chose, versus dealers getting certain allocations. Dealer should be happy you would move to them.
Yeah, it's based on YOUR reservation not how many you dealer has. If they have 11 reservations, they're getting 11 trucks, not "3". If you move yours there, they'll be getting 12. And if your reservation is before the other 11, you'll get yours first. The number a dealer gets is solely based on reservations, they aren't allocated one unless there's a reservation behind it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts