GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I got my verify reservation email on the 16th and I went through and selected the initial big options, and submitted it. I have a verification screenshot and have called concierge to verify that everything is good. She says they are just waiting on the dealer, but my dealer cannot seem to find it.

Any idea of what he might be missing. I'm located in Arkansas.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,305 Posts
Hey guys,

So I got my verify reservation email on the 16th and I went through and selected the initial big options, and submitted it. I have a verification screenshot and have called concierge to verify that everything is good. She says they are just waiting on the dealer, but my dealer cannot seem to find it.

Any idea of what he might be missing. I'm located in Arkansas.
I've heard the Hummer appears in a different section than other GM vehicles in the Dealer System and dealers seem to miss it. The process for the Hummer is different than Dealers are used to. I wish I could give more information.

There are a few people from Dealers here who might be able to inform more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same issue. Dealer receives an email with all the instructions after you verify. Sales manager at my dealer could not figure it out until he talked to the concierge. Found the email in his SPAM folder. Once he found it took two minutes to verify and I immediately received an email that my order had been verified and we were all good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

So the GM of the dealership called me today to talk about this issue... In the course of telling me they just finally got their EV stuff setup and are awaiting GM to give them the greenlight, he said they won't be selling at MSRP even though the sales manager told me they would...

Now I need to find a dealer close to Memphis TN/Little Rock AR area who is willing to do so and do it quickly

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As an update here. I wound up moving my reservation to Sunrise in Memphis,TN. The owners son and I went to school together and they offered to do everyone at Msrp. They still have their original Hummer dealership and everything lol.

To give some insight. I’d been working with the new car manager since the reservations went out and we were all on the same page. Last week the GM decided to get involved and told me they’d be making a substantial adm addition because of market conditions and I told him I wasn’t having it. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes and I told him to either honor the Msrp I’d been told or I’d love and he called my bluff. The next day I got an email saying they had finally verified my order so I immediately called concierge and had it moved to Sunrise. Within about 10 minutes the GM was calling me and wanting to know why he had gotten an email that I’d moved but I was at my sons tball game and didn’t answer. He called me the next morning and this is exactly what he said

“I was unaware we had to do all this through the EV rep and yesterday I finally got out in touch with him and while he was walking me through how to finalize you’re order I got notification that it changed.”

I told him yea I’d received the email and immediately moved it so I wasn’t locked to them. He was unaware that I had any control over the process and was floored. He didn’t understand why I’d move it but I’m guessing that while he was on the phone with this regional rep he told him what happened because his attitude changed completely. He wanted to know if there was anything they could do to change mymind. Sell it to me at msrp as long as they could have a few people come see it and all this. I told him I’d already agreed with the NCM to allow them to keep it and show it off and stuff and that I wouldnt Be moving back. At that point l, he got very short and wanted to get off the phone and i obliged

Now I’m just trying to make sure the new dealership has my order number and all since it’s supposedly ordered but I’m not quiet convinced since this seems to be a difficult deal for these dealerships

·
Registered
106 Posts
As an update here. I wound up moving my reservation to Sunrise in Memphis,TN. The owners son and I went to school together and they offered to do everyone at Msrp. They still have their original Hummer dealership and everything lol.

To give some insight. I’d been working with the new car manager since the reservations went out and we were all on the same page. Last week the GM decided to get involved and told me they’d be making a substantial adm addition because of market conditions and I told him I wasn’t having it. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes and I told him to either honor the Msrp I’d been told or I’d love and he called my bluff. The next day I got an email saying they had finally verified my order so I immediately called concierge and had it moved to Sunrise. Within about 10 minutes the GM was calling me and wanting to know why he had gotten an email that I’d moved but I was at my sons tball game and didn’t answer. He called me the next morning and this is exactly what he said

“I was unaware we had to do all this through the EV rep and yesterday I finally got out in touch with him and while he was walking me through how to finalize you’re order I got notification that it changed.”

I told him yea I’d received the email and immediately moved it so I wasn’t locked to them. He was unaware that I had any control over the process and was floored. He didn’t understand why I’d move it but I’m guessing that while he was on the phone with this regional rep he told him what happened because his attitude changed completely. He wanted to know if there was anything they could do to change mymind. Sell it to me at msrp as long as they could have a few people come see it and all this. I told him I’d already agreed with the NCM to allow them to keep it and show it off and stuff and that I wouldnt Be moving back. At that point l, he got very short and wanted to get off the phone and i obliged

Now I’m just trying to make sure the new dealership has my order number and all since it’s supposedly ordered but I’m not quiet convinced since this seems to be a difficult deal for these dealerships
Yes, I hope it works out for you. When did you put your original reservation in? I have a feeling that you will see it in Tennessee faster anyway. Good Luck with it and post pics once you get it.

·
Registered
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder | 2022 Audi RSQ8 | 2020 Range Rover
29 Posts
I’m about 90 min from Little Rock and about 50 min from Memphis.
If I can’t get this next dealer to do it I’ll reach out @BigJonEV
Isn’t the reservation specific to the dealer meaning you can’t just switch dealers? Maybe I’m wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A dealer that is closer to my home wasn’t an option when I reserved (Nov 2020) but now is listed as an option. Dropped by asking about switching my reservation to them. (I now know from this forum I don’t do that at dealership). They said they’re only getting 3 Hummers and have 11 reservations already so my best bet is to stay with my current dealer. I don’t have an issue with current dealer on reservation at this time other than it’s not as close, so no real need to change as of now. But my question: if all the other reservations are later than mine (dealer weren’t an option until after I did mine) wouldn’t I be number one on their list if I officially switched? And secondly, when GMC gets to my reservation, wonder if it matters what dealer I chose as to order and fulfillment date?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts