GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

Unbelievable day for Lucid Stock

782 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Tom E-Tron 
#1 ·
Wow, I thought I would post this here for the Lucid naysayers to try to figure out. Lucid made a post merger high yesterday at $28, but today broke out, and up nealry 46%. On the Bull side I have no explanation for this kind of move other then bubble bubble bubble, I am unloading some of mine today.

Product Rectangle Font Line Parallel

See less See more
#6 ·
That was announced or rumored a few days ago, and the CEO said first deliveries will be in October a month ago. Anyway, the price and market cap have gotten way ahead of themselves at this point, so I sold 3/4 of my holdings, and half of my children's holdings this morning, this is just pure craziness. Maybe when they announce earnings a bit of reality will set in.

#13 ·
Yep, EA is now installing Tesla batteries at all their sites to reduce demand charges, a double whammy on commodities. I got invited to an EA webinar a couple of years ago, and they showed a slide where a charging session in Utah, with 4 of Tom's Etrons at one time, cost $1100 due to demand charges.

#14 ·
Yep, EA is now installing Tesla batteries at all their sites to reduce demand charges, a double whammy on commodities. I got invited to an EA webinar a couple of years ago, and they showed a slide where a charging session in Utah, with 4 of Tom's Etrons at one time, cost $1100 due to demand charges.
Ya, thats right, when the E-Tron pig pulls in the charger goes "oh shoot, I actually have to work now". haha! Audi sent us a surprise email this week, bring the car in for a software update and 7-8% more range. Hope the software update does not come with any negative surprises.

I really hate to badmouth anybody's investment ideas (I get plenty of backlash on some of mine), but investing in charging infrastructure and battery breakthroughs is so speculative on the batteries, and just naive on the charging infrastructure. Charging infrastructure is tough, and I do not see a path to profitability for any of them. I could see OEM's investing to get exclusive rights, but even that is questionable. On batteries startups with new technology are such a long shot and so hard for them to deliver. Even if their technology works, scaling into production for a startup and finding a way to profit from it is almost impossible. Now, I am not against speculative investing, I bought a lot of Lucid stock, but when the speculators got out of control (yesterday ) I got out of the way, and even got my children's principal investment + out, because usually when a stock that is pre revenue and profit goes crazy like that, there is the other side of that mountain. I like Lucid as an investment below $30B (I did most of my buying below $24B), but at $60B and more than Ford, My money is floating in a bubble, and I want to capture it before the bubble pops. Lucid will report earnings November 15th, and that is likely to be a wake up call for these speculators as they are going to see massive losses and cash burn. If Lucid corrects back to reality I will happily buy again, but for now I could not recommend investing in that one either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.