GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ran into this issue? I called Hummer concierge this morning to switch dealerships that my reservation is linked with and was told since the Hummer portal is down due to overwhelming demand, they can no longer make a new reservation and link it with my existing reservation to the new store. I was told I should make some phone calls and see if any dealers have existing allocations that a customer backed out on. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I can understand them stopping preorders but if they are so upset about dealers charging markups why can't existing reservation holders change the dealership.

· Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone else ran into this issue? I called Hummer concierge this morning to switch dealerships that my reservation is linked with and was told since the Hummer portal is down due to overwhelming demand, they can no longer make a new reservation and link it with my existing reservation to the new store. I was told I should make some phone calls and see if any dealers have existing allocations that a customer backed out on. I hope someone can shed some light on this. I can understand them stopping preorders but if they are so upset about dealers charging markups why can't existing reservation holders change the dealership.
I don't have any good advice but I think you're stuck until they re-open reservations. You can call dealerships like they said but expect to pay $175k+ for an unclaimed allocation.

GM really botched this. By linking reservation transfers to the ability to make new reservations and then shutting down new reservations they have given dealerships freedom to charge whatever they want with no recourse for the reservation holder. It's take it or leave it and if you order without first confirming MSRP, it's to the dealership's benefit for you to walk away. They can then charge exorbitant prices without having to give any thought to GM's lame efforts to persuade them to honor MSRP.

And Hummer Concierge is a joke. I have never heard one person on here say that they had a positive experience dealing with the concierge. GM should be embarrassed by how useless it is.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
You missed the window on that... You could do that up to several months ago.

And Hummer Concierge is a joke. I have never heard one person on here say that they had a positive experience dealing with the concierge. GM should be embarrassed by how useless it is.
It's useful up to a point and people have been able to change dealerships until they locked new reservations.
However, yeah it needs work. LOL I think even GM acknowledged that recently.

Reactions: Dark-Fx

· Registered
157 Posts
You missed the window on that... You could do that up to several months ago.

It's useful up to a point and people have been able to change dealerships until they locked new reservations.
However, yeah it needs work. LOL I think even GM acknowledged that recently.
Yes, you're right. Changing reservations seemed like the one useful thing the concierge was able to do. Now that they can't do that and don't actually have any useful information, the concierge has been rendered useless.

To be clear though, that is not aimed at the folks answering calls. They have been put in a situation of having to answer questions without any relevant information. I would hate to be in their shoes, particularly while there is a stop sale going on and there are lots of Hummers sitting on lots.

The whole situation just gets me fired up. People waiting years for their reservations only to get gouged by their dealerships with no recourse. I made reservations at two different dealerships so I'll have two shots at MSRP but I'll be furious if after all the waiting I end up getting gouged.

· Super Moderator
476 Posts
Yes, you're right. Changing reservations seemed like the one useful thing the concierge was able to do. Now that they can't do that and don't actually have any useful information, the concierge has been rendered useless.

To be clear though, that is not aimed at the folks answering calls. They have been put in a situation of having to answer questions without any relevant information. I would hate to be in their shoes, particularly while there is a stop sale going on and there are lots of Hummers sitting on lots.

The whole situation just gets me fired up. People waiting years for their reservations only to get gouged by their dealerships with no recourse. I made reservations at two different dealerships so I'll have two shots at MSRP but I'll be furious if after all the waiting I end up getting gouged.
So you're worried about Hummers being unclaimed ("You can call dealerships like they said but expect to pay $175k+ for an unclaimed allocation.") and you have two reservations out there?? One of these you will leave unclaimed adding to the problem. Every one points the finger at dealerships but you are openly giving them a chance to do what you don't want to happen.

I get fired up knowing we have people that wanted to make a reservation and couldn't when they became full only to find out others have multiple reservations knowing they will be giving one up. I know you aren't the only one so this isn't really directed at you, but there are always two sides and we want to sell a car as much as you want to buy one.

· Registered
157 Posts
So you're worried about Hummers being unclaimed ("You can call dealerships like they said but expect to pay $175k+ for an unclaimed allocation.") and you have two reservations out there?? One of these you will leave unclaimed adding to the problem. Every one points the finger at dealerships but you are openly giving them a chance to do what you don't want to happen.

I get fired up knowing we have people that wanted to make a reservation and couldn't when they became full only to find out others have multiple reservations knowing they will be giving one up. I know you aren't the only one so this isn't really directed at you, but there are always two sides and we want to sell a car as much as you want to buy one.
I'm not entirely sure I follow your comparison. Doesn't the dealer only receive the Hummer if an order is placed? One of my reservations will eventually be cancelled, in which case (I thought) the next person moves up in line. Is that not the case? I don't pretend to know GM's plans for future reservations but I would hope as orders are cancelled they'll eventually start to open new reservations, which will give the next round of people the opportunity to make reservations as if they were at the back of the original line anyway (timing-wise).

I understand where you are coming from as a dealer though (and I understand you are one of the good ones). This isn't directed at every dealership, only the type that we keep hearing stories about on here. My point is that because customers no longer have recourse, certain dealerships may now choose to mark-up the vehicles. And if the order is placed before the mark-up is communicated, it is to the benefit of the dealer if they can sell for $175k+ to the open market (which they generally have). I don't fault them for selling for that much, it is the current market price and they no longer have any reason to honor MSRP, but it's a shame if they have it in their possession because they surprised the reservation holder with a mark-up.

Also, just to clarify because my original post might suggest otherwise, my second reservation was not made for purposes of avoiding mark-ups or anything sinister. I moved between states and decided to make a reservation at a local dealership while also reserving a higher trim. I held on to my original reservation in case I decide to go with the lower trim (possibility it comes in sooner due to the gap in time and not sure I need WTF in the 3X SUV). It is just an added benefit now that reservations are closed that I have options, which most others probably don't.

· Super Moderator
476 Posts
You are correct the reservation does go to the next person in line but in the overall total line not the dealerships line. Unless both orders were wildly spaced out I would assume they would get built fairly close together meaning they would both end up at the dealer, one of which to be cancelled. I completely understand your situation of moving states and that probably was a good idea since with a long distance deal that dealer has more incentive to do whatever they want pricewise.

I just get to see both sides everyday and not just with Hummer, but other high demand vehicles like Escalades, Yukons, Denali trucks and all of those. We have one group of people who genuinely need/want the vehicle and sit in line with everyone else. Then we have others who just want something first or intend to sell quickly also waiting in line for allocations. For the most part we don't really know the truth until the vehicle is here and they purchase it. I bust my butt trying to make sure my clients get their vehicle quickly so when someone ahead of them is willing to go anywhere that irritates me. Again not what you did whatsoever. It's just very hard to get allocations for high end vehicles right now so I don't like spots being wasted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts