GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the lack of info and activity recently i started cruising the InsideEVs.com website and came across this article, How much range does an electric car lose each year? and figured id start up a conversation

Obviously with the brand new battery platform im sure there is little to no data on performance of the platform. Im curious of a few things
1) will we get these numbers with the hummer release
2) will these numbers be provided by Hummer EV owners as they start to take delivery
3) with the ultra fast charging provided by the HummerEV 300KwH charging is there potential for accelerated degradation, article said with Strict DC charging you should see an additional 3% lower in performance. will this increase with the faster charging rates?
4) im guessing with the million mile battery for Gen2 all these worries above should melt away but what proof do we have and how will the first gen hold up?
5) Worth waiting for the 2nd gen if planning on keeping HEV a long time?

Curious on your guys thoughts

We have already put about 6k miles on our Mustang Mach-E and we charge at fast stations like 95% of the time. I havent noticed any reduced range or power as of yet but i may have to check out the Mach-E forums to see what other people are experiencing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warranties are typically 70% of original capacity at 100K miles. My 2017 Bolt originally had a usable capacity of 57kWh. I now have 99K miles on it and have about 52kWh usable, ~10% reduction. But soon I will have 65kWh when they replace the battery, along with another 100K mile warranty. I almost always charged my Bolt to 100% for the first 3 years, but now I have been charging to 88% (hilltop reserve). I would do about 5 DC fast charges each year, not too often.

For my Mach E I normally only charge to 80%, unless going on a trip.
Thanks i was curious how/where the warranty coverage tapers off. thats awesome they are re-upping the coverage for the new battery!!!!

Same here. very rarely have i got to charge to 100% but i often get down to 8% which the article says not to go below the 10-20% threshold area. i guess i should be staying between 20 and 80%. I just have problems with the Ford home charger where charging mysteriously pauses for no reason and does not charge at all overnight. I have disabled the scheduling but im using level1 charger on an outlet with a power switch AND an extension cord, both of which ford says not to do so im probably the reason why its not working and why we generally use DC fast chargers on a regular.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.