GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 2 plus years of waiting has finally come to an end and I will picking up my Hummer EV1 tomorrow evening. It was delivered over a week ago, but had all the tech bronze installed and the kicker tailgate speaker system was no good and they had to replace it. It would have been earlier didn't want to keep going back. Want to thank all the members for their opinions, experience and feedback on the EV1, it has been extremely informative and entertaining as well. I will provide some feedback on the first impressions. Cheers 馃嵑

Registered
Congratulations, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts... And @Tom E-Tron should be getting his soon as well.. It was delivered to the dealer Sunday past, so hopefully not too much more prep for his... I know that he will give us all his honest opinions as well... I have waited this long, and hopefully will get my 3X soon, but now to hear that there may be significant upgrades for the 2024, it sort of seem like it may be bitter sweet that someone else who wasn't as early on the Hummer train may get a more improved (or feature rich) version..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts... And @Tom E-Tron should be getting his soon as well.. It was delivered to the dealer Sunday past, so hopefully not too much more prep for his... I know that he will give us all his honest opinions as well... I have waited this long, and hopefully will get my 3X soon, but now to hear that there may be significant upgrades for the 2024, it sort of seem like it may be bitter sweet that someone else who wasn't as early on the Hummer train may get a more improved (or feature rich) version..
Tom's comment are always welcomed, entertaining and informative. Looking forward to his feedback as well. Boozer, no worries, but you will have yours first before any new upgrades and leaves you with choice to keep yours or go with the 24' model. Hard to believe its been 2 years in the making..... Your time be here soon boozer.

Registered
Well the 2 plus years of waiting has finally come to an end and I will picking up my Hummer EV1 tomorrow evening. It was delivered over a week ago, but had all the tech bronze installed and the kicker tailgate speaker system was no good and they had to replace it. It would have been earlier didn't want to keep going back. Want to thank all the members for their opinions, experience and feedback on the EV1, it has been extremely informative and entertaining as well. I will provide some feedback on the first impressions. Cheers 馃嵑
Jealous galore but excited for ya! Another month or two here it seems so let us know details.

Registered
Woohoo, excited for you! Try to get some sleep tonight鈥 post pics when you take a break from the enjoyment!
He will be lucky to get a few hours. I recommend rewatching "Revolution".

Also I definitely fishtailed like crazy when I left Masse (I did not mean to do that), be careful that first time you get this thing in the open it is a beast.

Registered
Congratulations, I am excited for you, I am waiting for the phone call that mine is ready, don't want to bother them, I figure they will remember my number when it's ready. I have been checking my phone more then normal today.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked up my EV1 tonight, First impressions..... OMFG! No denying that this is a machine that is everything you expect and more. Really hard to put into words, but just Awesome. Put a quick 50 miles on it and so much to take in! Tech bronze package looks outstanding. Looking forward to the week ahead running this beast through the paces. I can see why @dje is off loading the raptor and tesla, because the EV1 is both of these combined with high tech. Hands down, this ride is the best I have ever experienced. Crazy quick and Crazy comfortable. Charger plug from house, gets me 17 miles per hour of charge. Taking it to the cape tomorrow. More to follow with pics. Oh yea, I am sleeping in this baby tonight 馃榿

Registered
Picked up my EV1 tonight, First impressions..... OMFG! No denying that this is a machine that is everything you expect and more. Really hard to put into words, but just Awesome. Put a quick 50 miles on it and so much to take in! Tech bronze package looks outstanding. Looking forward to the week ahead running this beast through the paces. I can see why @dje is off loading the raptor and tesla, because the EV1 is both of these combined with high tech. Hands down, this ride is the best I have ever experienced. Crazy quick and Crazy comfortable. Charger plug from house, gets me 17 miles per hour of charge. Taking it to the cape tomorrow. More to follow with pics. Oh yea, I am sleeping in this baby tonight 馃榿
Wow, so Cool... Congratulations. I cannot wait, getting mine Thursday.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, so Cool... Congratulations. I cannot wait, getting mine Thursday.
Tom, cant wait to hear your always honest, experienced impressions! Have to admit, I am not easily impressed, but this thing is everything and more that we have all been talking about for over 2 years. Good Luck on your Delivery!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today put on over a 100 miles. Still cant believe the power on this beast. Some of my initial impressions: Infotainment Center ~ must say the google is very laggy. For those using siri w/ apple car play seems to be much quicker. Google maps works well, but again, laggy. Hopeful some updates fix this. Audio~ I have always had high end stereo components, and overall the Bose System exceeded my expectations. I run apple car play through the Denon APP giving you full EQ enhancements. I would give the audio system, an 8 out of 10. The ride and comfort is just an awesome experience. Thankfully I measured correctly, car is tight for 8 ft. wide garage doors, have to pull in mirrors have way in, but cameras help. Rearview mirror Cam ~ takes some getting use too, but overall I do like the camera vs. the regular rearview mirror. camera ,The GM app works well.

Registered
Today put on over a 100 miles. Still cant believe the power on this beast. Some of my initial impressions: Infotainment Center ~ must say the google is very laggy. For those using siri w/ apple car play seems to be much quicker. Google maps works well, but again, laggy. Hopeful some updates fix this. Audio~ I have always had high end stereo components, and overall the Bose System exceeded my expectations. I run apple car play through the Denon APP giving you full EQ enhancements. I would give the audio system, an 8 out of 10. The ride and comfort is just an awesome experience. Thankfully I measured correctly, car is tight for 8 ft. wide garage doors, have to pull in mirrors have way in, but cameras help. Rearview mirror Cam ~ takes some getting use too, but overall I do like the camera vs. the regular rearview mirror. camera ,The GM app works well.
Thanks, yeah most videos have shown a laggy infotainment system which stinks to use. Hopefully they optimize it a bit and it isn't just underpowered from the getgo which could also be the case.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had the ceramic tint put on the the drivers & passengers side windows. The sky tops could not be done due to the polycarbonate. Ev1 has 250 miles and when I got home, I got an engine light and the warning states: "An issue with the electric drive unit in your 2022 GMC HUMMER EV has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days." I called the dealer and I am awaiting a call back to get it in. Will keep you posted.....

Here is a pic with the tint: 20 % View attachment 2444

1 - 20 of 40 Posts