GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we saw the some colors quite a while ago. Lots of things have changed and I was not certain of what colors are official for the the truck/suv now or if they are the same.
If I missed any update maybe someone could tell me. Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
There was a list in another post from May or maybe even April that showed some colors (I am very curious as well). But I am not really sure if GM has actually said what colors are available...

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was a list in another post from May or maybe even April that showed some colors (I am very curious as well). But I am not really sure if GM has actually said what colors are available...
This is probably the most disappointing thing about the truck or suv. Complete lack of clear information of colors/trim etc.

There should be a configurator online already.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is probably the most disappointing thing about the truck or suv. Complete lack of clear information of colors/trim etc.

There should be a configurator online already.
I have been saying this for months. I get that ramping production is the most important thing right now, but the folks responsible for production are almost certainly not the same ones responsible for marketing, so I don't understand why we are still left watching Day 1 Edition 1-focused promo videos rather than exploring the various options for both the pick-up and SUV across trim levels. Any new reservations coming in these days are for the 3X or lower trims so why not shift at least some of the focus to those trims? Who knows, maybe some ED1 reservation holders would opt to spend more on a fully customized 3X than move forward with their ED1 reservation, which might then be scooped up by someone who only reserved a lower trim in hopes of getting off the ED1 waitlist.

For comparison sake, Rivian (for all its faults) has had a configurator for as long as I can remember and is likely even more heavily focused on ramping production. Maybe it's more important for a start-up like Rivian to put its product on display to generate hype but you'd think it would be much less work for an established automaker like GM to launch the tool.

OK done ranting. Here's to hoping they release the configurator as they move into 3X SUT production. Better late than never.

·
Registered
109 Posts
the colors are in this video, and there was another thread that posted the official names. My dealership confirmed these are the ones. But the Matte green will only be on the ED1 SUV.

Yea I posted this video on that other thread and it does help visualize the SUV in other colors but you only get a quick peak at each color from a single angle and without the ability to toggle other potential options. I expected by now we would be able to build a lower trim model with, at a minimum, exterior and interior color options, wheel/tire options, and with/without extreme off-road package. Ideally you could also change emblem colors or add the light pods/bar.

Glad you were able to confirm Matte green is exclusive to ED1 SUV. Seemed to be some contradictory information out there. With that color eliminated, I think I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the Afterburner Tintcoat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts