GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any trailering? I am curious how the mirrors are for visibility. They appear to be nice and large and should be wide enough to have decent visibility around a big trailer or boat, but I am just curious. Also wondering how it feels with the air suspension and a heavy load on the hitch, and how 4 wheel steering affects it both driving forward and backing. I do not plan on towing a lot with mine, but pulling our boat to the gas station and then back to the boat ramp is something that I would probably do (it's probably less than 10 miles round trip). But at the end of the weekend I have back it into a tight garage 10' wide door and I have about 6" of clearance on each side for the guide poles on the trailer.

Also, is the GMC invisible trailer available? I am assuming that it is, but I have not seen much about it... And it probably wouldn't work for my boat. Has anyone used it?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Has anyone done any trailering? I am curious how the mirrors are for visibility. They appear to be nice and large and should be wide enough to have decent visibility around a big trailer or boat, but I am just curious. Also wondering how it feels with the air suspension and a heavy load on the hitch, and how 4 wheel steering affects it both driving forward and backing. I do not plan on towing a lot with mine, but pulling our boat to the gas station and then back to the boat ramp is something that I would probably do (it's probably less than 10 miles round trip). But at the end of the weekend I have back it into a tight garage 10' wide door and I have about 6" of clearance on each side for the guide poles on the trailer.

Also, is the GMC invisible trailer available? I am assuming that it is, but I have not seen much about it... And it probably wouldn't work for my boat. Has anyone used it?
Hummer side mirrors are not great for trailering, because of the design of the rear hips of the truck, the mirrors have large blind spots in the area a trailer would be.

Hummer does have GMC's trailer camera system, just like Sierra, and even has the hookups for camera at the back of the trailer, and inside the trailer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts