GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of my HummerEV on Monday. It is everything I thought it would be and a lot more. The dealership was fantastic and my sales rep was amazing. We whipped it around for a few launches and I took many of the sales reps on rides. I traded in my Model 3 Performance so I was coming out of EV and I am very comfortable with charging and the subtle nuances of EVs. That being said there are some particular oddities about the HummerEV that bare mentioning. For example, the UI has some animation lag (even though it looks awesome); setting up the GM app, OnStar, and Android Auto (google) is an event unto itself (an interelated event); forget the measurements on-line, this thing is huge, if you think it will barely fit in your garage….it won’t. Finally, what is This (image attached) found it in my glove box, looks important. More to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
756 Posts
It's weird that the fuse has an uncrimped end already on it. I don't recall seeing fuses like that in my truck but I didn't go digging into the electronics like I could have.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
OH I think I just figured it out!!

Did you order the Accessory Control module for your Hummer??

It comes with a 200 AMP fuse.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I just took delivery of my HummerEV on Monday. It is everything I thought it would be and a lot more. The dealership was fantastic and my sales rep was amazing. We whipped it around for a few launches and I took many of the sales reps on rides. I traded in my Model 3 Performance so I was coming out of EV and I am very comfortable with charging and the subtle nuances of EVs. That being said there are some particular oddities about the HummerEV that bare mentioning. For example, the UI has some animation lag (even though it looks awesome); setting up the GM app, OnStar, and Android Auto (google) is an event unto itself (an interelated event); forget the measurements on-line, this thing is huge, if you think it will barely fit in your garage….it won’t. Finally, what is This (image attached) found it in my glove box, looks important. More to come.
Congratulations on receiving your truck, sounds like you are enjoying it. One more long day for me to wait.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH I think I just figured it out!!

Did you order the Accessory Control module for your Hummer??

It comes with a 200 AMP fuse.

I did, you a re genius sir.

·
Registered
2022 Hummer EV Edition 1; 2007 Maserati QP Sport GT
206 Posts
Thanks, Edge. Please continue to provide nuggets of info as you come across them. How is the ride quality compared to your Model 3 Performance?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats as well and enjoy! Coming out of a Model 3 must be completely crazy into this truck. Had a M3 and it was like a short little go cart for sure, rough ride as well... so I'd assume this heigh, speed, and comfort of the Hummer must feel great - and the roominess of it. Will be trading in our Model S like you in a way as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I Want Mine!!!!!!!!!!!
We have the Unveiling Cover, The Mud Flaps, The Sky Panel Boxes, The Charger, and the EV mirror lights, I even have my Custom License Plate Reserved with DMV, but no truck!!!!
So much for Spring 2022 :unsure:
But Congrats to those that have received theirs, and those that have a date!
I'll sell you mine for 500k.. only 1000 miles on it :p

·
Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
108 Posts
So you’re saying it didn’t fit in your garage? I wonder how many other Hummer EV Truck owners experience the same problem.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I Want Mine!!!!!!!!!!!
We have the Unveiling Cover, The Mud Flaps, The Sky Panel Boxes, The Charger, and the EV mirror lights, I even have my Custom License Plate Reserved with DMV, but no truck!!!!
@Litshopofguitars Hang in there.... you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
So you’re saying it didn’t fit in your garage? I wonder how many other Hummer EV Truck owners experience the same problem.
I did the measurements before, it is a real tight fit for 8 ft wide doors, I back in extremely slow 1/2 way, then close the mirrors. Cameras are awesome for this, as I was NOT keeping this outside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, Edge. Please continue to provide nuggets of info as you come across them. How is the ride quality compared to your Model 3 Performance?
Significantly softer (notice I didn’t say better). My wife likes the ride of the Hummer significantly more. The retentive breaking is likely to cause some motion sickness in passengers. The regenative breaking has three settings; None, a lot, and a hell of a lot. But its easy to turn it on or off on the drive mode screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will after I move out some of my storage racks. It is about 1’ over on all measurements. But the real problem is that it is bulky and prevents you from many versing around it Ina tight space. Thing is a beast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I Want Mine!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS WORTH THE WAIT IN MY OPINION!

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
Significantly softer (notice I didn’t say better). My wife likes the ride of the Hummer significantly more. The retentive breaking is likely to cause some motion sickness in passengers. The regenative breaking has three settings; None, a lot, and a hell of a lot. But its easy to turn it on or off on the drive mode screen.
With Regen on you want to slowly release pressure on the accelerator, no sudden release of the peddle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats as well and enjoy! Coming out of a Model 3 must be completely crazy into this truck. Had a M3 and it was like a short little go cart for sure, rough ride as well... so I'd assume this heigh, speed, and comfort of the Hummer must feel great - and the roominess of it. Will be trading in our Model S like you in a way as well.
Its like night and day coming out of the model 3. I love it so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It will after I move out some of my storage racks. It is about 1’ over on all measurements. But the real problem is that it is bulky and prevents you from many versing around it Ina tight space. Thing is a beast.

Can you lower the truck an inch or more to park?

What about a little bit of Crab Walk for tight fits in the garage?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts