GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
hummer is made for 37s so just take to dealer and they do software update for 37s so it will be off small amount vs 38s nothing big

Kool Beans, I appreciate you. Not ready to buy, won't even have SUV for 2 years I suspect. So tell me, what are you using for an accurate speedometer, the onboard GPS? If nothing, I simply plan to drive along side my wife in another vehicle at increments of 10-mph up to 80 or so and make note of the SUV's speed for each.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
my raptor speedo is off i have 37s and use waze and my radar which are same to check speed vs my actual speed

all cars trucks etc.. are not accurate the higher speed you go thats why on speed test they always use a vbox gps

Sounds like a simple and excellent plan, Skiborsy... I do use Waze but never paid attention to if the speed showed also.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my raptor speedo is off i have 37s and use waze and my radar which are same to check speed vs my actual speed

all cars trucks etc.. are not accurate the higher speed you go thats why on speed test they always use a vbox gps
Kool Beans... I'll have to Google the vbox, not up on that... Many thanks...

·
Administrator
727 Posts
Doing full black PPF not a wrap but black PPF. Very glossy, self healing, wont scratch, and will protect paint. None of which a wrap will do. My guy started fri hope to be done mon or tues. Then will top coat it with ceramic coat so easy to wash and even more glossy.

View attachment 2418 View attachment 2420
View attachment 2419
View attachment 2421
I'm a sales manager at a regional business that specializes in PPF and other paint/body protection applications, so I've got to ask...is your installer plotting these cuts and printing them out to exact fitment? Or is he cutting everything bulk by hand to fit??

If it's the latter, that job has got to be expensive as hell...and hugely challenging with those body lines. I haven't checked our plotter software to see if we've got Hummer EV laser measurements yet, but I doubt it. What film are they using, btw? XPEL Black?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm a sales manager at a regional business that specializes in PPF and other paint/body protection applications, so I've got to ask...is your installer plotting these cuts and printing them out to exact fitment? Or is he cutting everything bulk by hand to fit??

If it's the latter, that job has got to be expensive as hell...and hugely challenging with those body lines. I haven't checked our plotter software to see if we've got Hummer EV laser measurements yet, but I doubt it. What film are they using, btw? XPEL Black?
Xpel software has ALL the exact measurements for the Hummer EV1 Pick Up.

·
Administrator
727 Posts
Xpel software has ALL the exact measurements for the Hummer EV1 Pick Up.
No kidding...wow. We deal XPEL, I've just never thought to check for the Hummer EV plots.

They do an awesome job getting new vehicle measurements in the system.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I went with helix vs xpel very happy how it turned out. He did it all free hand. he is the top guy in the country only does free lance word vs working for a big company

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Administrator
727 Posts
I went with helix vs xpel very happy how it turned out. He did it all free hand. he is the top guy in the country only does free lance word vs working for a big company

View attachment 2723
Awesome work!! You can tell he put a lot of work into it...you're not paying for the hours it took him to do your truck, you're paying this guy for the months and years it took him to become an expert at his craft. Great work.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts