GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

Registered
I could not find 39s not a mud tire just ordered 38X12.50R17 should have them by next week to install wanted to do 39s but i dont want that loud sound from a mud tire and all other tires are out of stock getting tires is harder then baby formula lol
馃槀 I feel ya, I've been waiting on a set for over a month already!

Registered
Got my tint done yesterday! Sky panels cold not be done, as they are polycarbonate. Anyone have other solutions? I am sure someone will come out with aftermarket attachable shade....

View attachment 2485
Nice! I have a Mazda Autozam AZ1 imported from Japan! It has removable shades in the roof door panels, they simply click in and come off very easily, I鈥檓 going to try and make something similar for the HEV!!
Hood Light Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Vehicle Window Automotive tire Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
LOL my kind of car guy! I went to go pick up my Ultimae Roadster in my Hummer, took delivery of both in the same week!

no way thats so badass send some pics love to see your spec. i had a svj roadster, stupid me sold it for $830K then a month later they go over a million ugh

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
wow great spec and yes it is. thats my all time fav color. I did a special Ducati and the did it in blu nethuns after my SVJ all painted in house at lambo for ducati.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Haha I had an SVJ as well. I think my Ultimae may be the same color as your old SVJ - Blu Nethuns. 馃檶 View attachment 2654

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
38x12.50R17 perfect fit zero rubbing no cutting or trimming needed. Center caps getting put on today they got left at tire shop by accident. Looks like a true hummer now.
Stock tire wheel was 99lbs 38in tire with new forged 17 wheel 112lbs so not a big difference in weight. Even extract mode 2nd pic does not look to high.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Registered
wow great spec and yes it is. thats my all time fav color. I did a special Ducati and the did it in blu nethuns after my SVJ all painted in house at lambo for ducati.

View attachment 2659

38x12.50R17 perfect fit zero rubbing no cutting or trimming needed. Center caps getting put on today they got left at tire shop by accident. Looks like a true hummer now.
Stock tire wheel was 99lbs 38in tire with new forged 17 wheel 112lbs so not a big difference in weight. Even extract mode 2nd pic does not look to high.

View attachment 2668 View attachment 2669 View attachment 2670
Dude, yes!! 馃檶

Registered
I could not find 39s not a mud tire just ordered 38X12.50R17 should have them by next week to install wanted to do 39s but i dont want that loud sound from a mud tire and all other tires are out of stock getting tires is harder then baby formula lol
Hello... Where did you order your tires and wheels from? I'm going the SUV route and would like to do the same. Many thanks...

Registered
@aloppen1 previously provided this calibration code you could purchase from your dealer if you install 37s: RPO RWQ. I know you have 38s but it might help recalibrate your speedometer, and who knows what else.

Registered
Fair enough, but the dealer should be able to figure it out from there. I say that because my dealer didn鈥檛 know what I was talking about until I sent the RPO. I ended up not going with 37s because I didn鈥檛 like any of the options. I might go to 37s, or maybe even 38s based on this thread, when the stockers are worn out. Honestly though the stockers have impressed me on curves and when wet. I just wished they made bigger sizes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I dropped it off to my dealer today they doing 37 change for free. Be off small amount but close.

@aloppen1 previously provided this calibration code you could purchase from your dealer if you install 37s: RPO RWQ. I know you have 38s but it might help recalibrate your speedometer, and who knows what else.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I get my tires on ebay fast free shipping. I bought bunch of tires from this vendor.

Venomrex 8 Lug Wheels they are forged wheels made for 1 ton trucks. over all package only went up 13lbs per wheel

I am asking wheel company if they want to do a group buy for wheels for discount for this board.

Hello... Where did you order your tires and wheels from? I'm going the SUV route and would like to do the same. Many thanks...

Registered
I get my tires on ebay fast free shipping. I bought bunch of tires from this vendor.

Venomrex 8 Lug Wheels they are forged wheels made for 1 ton trucks. over all package only went up 13lbs per wheel

I am asking wheel company if they want to do a group buy for wheels for discount for this board.
Kool Beans, I appreciate you. Not ready to buy, won't even have SUV for 2 years I suspect. So tell me, what are you using for an accurate speedometer, the onboard GPS? If nothing, I simply plan to drive along side my wife in another vehicle at increments of 10-mph up to 80 or so and make note of the SUV's speed for each.

Registered
Kool Beans, I appreciate you. Not ready to buy, won't even have SUV for 2 years I suspect. So tell me, what are you using for an accurate speedometer, the onboard GPS? If nothing, I simply plan to drive along side my wife in another vehicle at increments of 10-mph up to 80 or so and make note of the SUV's speed for each.
Why not use a GPS app on your phone? Waze or Speed Box, for example, should be accurate.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts