GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stage 1 is all just about done. Waiting on few more accessories to come in small stuff.

Full PPF black with satin on mirrors, door handles and some of the lower front section. Factory black paint covered in clear PPF.

Running boards are on now and power cover on rear.

Soft top is on and wow so much better just pull it back and forth to open and close with the same factory levers to pull it down and lock it.

Full Audio system upgrade in next few weeks as the bose sucks in my opinion. I have a 20K system in my raptor so I cant deal with the sound quality
of the bose as my daily driver.

Still waiting on the links to be made then will do some wheel offset test fitments and try for 39s. After all that will be done with this build.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,090 Posts
Stage 1 is all just about done. Waiting on few more accessories to come in small stuff.

Full PPF black with satin on mirrors, door handles and some of the lower front section. Factory black paint covered in clear PPF.

Soft top is on and wow so much better just pull it back and forth to open and close with the same factory levers to pull it down and lock it.

Full Audio system upgrade in next few weeks as the bose sucks in my opinion. I have a 20K system in my raptor so I cant deal with the sound quality

Still waiting on the links to be made then will do some wheel offset test fitments and try for 39s. After all that will be done with this build.
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
235 Posts

@dje Looks Awesome that Darth Vader EV1! All black rims? Looking forward to seeing your stereo upgrade please keep us posted. Would you use the infotainment has the head unit and just add digital sound processor, amps, subs and replace all speakers with high end ones?? Curious as to your set up and how much power the amps and subs will draw from the batteries. Good luck with that BEAST!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
not sure on rims yet still working on offset for tires

yes stock head unit will all be kept and work as normal just all new speakers and amps will be DSP and staged to driver as I am only one in hummer 95% of time but will also have DSP settings for front stage or whole truck. using all factory speaker locations so no holes in door and will be 3 12s shallow JL under rear seat with 3 amps

@dje Looks Awesome that Darth Vader EV1! All black rims? Looking forward to seeing your stereo upgrade please keep us posted. Would you use the infotainment has the head unit and just add digital sound processor, amps, subs and replace all speakers with high end ones?? Curious as to your set up and how much power the amps and subs will draw from the batteries. Good luck with that BEAST!

·
Registered
235 Posts
not sure on rims yet still working on offset for tires

yes stock head unit will all be kept and work as normal just all new speakers and amps will be DSP and staged to driver as I am only one in hummer 95% of time but will also have DSP settings for front stage or whole truck. using all factory speaker locations so no holes in door and will be 3 12s shallow JL under rear seat with 3 amps
Awesome!!! Please keep me posted as I def would like to follow suit. Cant wait to see the set up with the custom box and 3 12's under the rear seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
39s fit but will need some trimming of inner liner

I dont want a mud tire but this is all they had to do test fitment. I found some Nitto 38X12.50R17 that I might get instead. If I can find 39X12.50 I will go that route if I can find the tire tread that I want.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I could not find 39s not a mud tire just ordered 38X12.50R17 should have them by next week to install wanted to do 39s but i dont want that loud sound from a mud tire and all other tires are out of stock getting tires is harder then baby formula lol

39s FTW, that would be killer if you can get them to fit.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts