GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Got hummer Tues. 100% love it, selling my raptor and Tesla S Plaid.

Thurs had measurements done for link to raise suspension and will test fit 39s next week sometime.

I took roof and cross bar off front and don't see every putting it back on. I ordered sky roof will be here next week.

They shipped hummer with no running boards but they came in today along with power cover. Will get them installed next week at dealer.

Had ceramic tint done fri. 5% back 3 20% font 2 and 55% windshield. View attachment 2415
View attachment 2416
View attachment 2417
View attachment 2414
@dje ~ Like it! Get right at making it your own!! Congrats looking forward to seeing the progress. Love the tint, let me ask, does the 5% on the windshield limit visibility? or easy to see out? Cant wait to see the 39's on that baby.

· Registered
281 Posts
Stage 1 is all just about done. Waiting on few more accessories to come in small stuff.

Full PPF black with satin on mirrors, door handles and some of the lower front section. Factory black paint covered in clear PPF.

Running boards are on now and power cover on rear.

Soft top is on and wow so much better just pull it back and forth to open and close with the same factory levers to pull it down and lock it.

Full Audio system upgrade in next few weeks as the bose sucks in my opinion. I have a 20K system in my raptor so I cant deal with the sound quality
of the bose as my daily driver.

Still waiting on the links to be made then will do some wheel offset test fitments and try for 39s. After all that will be done with this build.
@dje Looks Awesome that Darth Vader EV1! All black rims? Looking forward to seeing your stereo upgrade please keep us posted. Would you use the infotainment has the head unit and just add digital sound processor, amps, subs and replace all speakers with high end ones?? Curious as to your set up and how much power the amps and subs will draw from the batteries. Good luck with that BEAST!

· Registered
281 Posts
not sure on rims yet still working on offset for tires

yes stock head unit will all be kept and work as normal just all new speakers and amps will be DSP and staged to driver as I am only one in hummer 95% of time but will also have DSP settings for front stage or whole truck. using all factory speaker locations so no holes in door and will be 3 12s shallow JL under rear seat with 3 amps
Awesome!!! Please keep me posted as I def would like to follow suit. Cant wait to see the set up with the custom box and 3 12's under the rear seat.

· Registered
281 Posts
I'm a sales manager at a regional business that specializes in PPF and other paint/body protection applications, so I've got to ask...is your installer plotting these cuts and printing them out to exact fitment? Or is he cutting everything bulk by hand to fit??

If it's the latter, that job has got to be expensive as hell...and hugely challenging with those body lines. I haven't checked our plotter software to see if we've got Hummer EV laser measurements yet, but I doubt it. What film are they using, btw? XPEL Black?
Xpel software has ALL the exact measurements for the Hummer EV1 Pick Up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts