GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

Registered
I just got my build complete email today!

SoCal delivery and now the clock is on the 'final countdown' of when it will arrive. Dealer confirmed the other order who's 'build complete' was a couple weeks ago is still showing awaiting transport but it could be that its on a truck making its way across the US and will show up without them being told it was shipped. Hype level definitely went up getting the build complete notice.
Got the phone call this morning that the truck had been delivered!! Biggest issue with pickup is the Tonneau hard cover hasnt arrived at the agency and they dont have any tracking from corporate for it. They are shooting for next Friday to be ready assuming the GM tech is able to come out to do final prep / sign off and the cover shows up to be installed. He did say the truck driver who dropped it off said they have a ton of built trucks just sitting and cant ship b/c lack of transport drivers. Guess I got lucky someone wanted to drive to California. Exciting times!

Timing recap - Summer 2022
Initial email stating Summer 22 - Nov 21
Verification email - mid Feb, 22
Charger arrived - late Feb, 22
Built email - April 28, 22
Truck delivered to agency - May 13, 22
Expected pickup - May 20-24, 22

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Got the phone call this morning that the truck had been delivered!! Biggest issue with pickup is the Tonneau hard cover hasnt arrived at the agency and they dont have any tracking from corporate for it. They are shooting for next Friday to be ready assuming the GM tech is able to come out to do final prep / sign off and the cover shows up to be installed. He did say the truck driver who dropped it off said they have a ton of built trucks just sitting and cant ship b/c lack of transport drivers. Guess I got lucky someone wanted to drive to California. Exciting times!

Congrats!! Are you in northern California?

Registered

awesome, you鈥檒l have it it no time. Glad to see a delivery that is earlier than the communicated season. As a fall estimate gives me hood too 馃ぃ.

Registered
Congrats! Why are summer deliveries arriving before all the spring deliveries are filled.... Hello GM?? Beuller... Beuller............ BEULLER???
probably to optimize with what shippers are available. Some drivers come then head home or make sure they have work if coming back. Or could be like Rivian that is shipping to where they have service centers, in this case dealers that are more ready to support or that allows for the corporate service to be able to get from dealer to dealer to inspect and release for delivery. Hopefully that becomes a pure dealer function in time with training.

Registered

When you got your verification email was that the one where you chose the options like the Kicker tailgate, or the email saying they have verified your verification? I got my options verification March 16th (a lot of Summer people got it on thus date, then the complete verification email came May 9th

Registered
Congrats!! Are you in northern California?
I'm in NorCal but truck is at a SoCal dealer so it will be a little road trip to get it home in a week.

When you got your verification email was that the one where you chose the options like the Kicker tailgate, or the email saying they have verified your verification? I got my options verification March 16th (a lot of Summer people got it on thus date, then the complete verification email came May 9th
Verification was 2 emails, first asking to pick options and 2nd confirming what options had been selected. I think the 2nd email was like 2 or 3 days after I told the dealer what options I was interested in after getting the first verification email.

Congrats! Why are summer deliveries arriving before all the spring deliveries are filled.... Hello GM?? Beuller... Beuller............ BEULLER???
My guess is it has to do with the transport logistics and the massive trucker shortage. Dealer with mine has gotten 2 delivered now and both transport drivers have said there are lots of built ones just sitting with noone to transport them. I'd guess larger population centers with multiple dealers that a single transport can serve are getting some elevated priority b/c its just a simple logistics solution.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm in NorCal but truck is at a SoCal dealer so it will be a little road trip to get it home in a week.

Verification was 2 emails, first asking to pick options and 2nd confirming what options had been selected. I think the 2nd email was like 2 or 3 days after I told the dealer what options I was interested in after getting the first verification email.

My guess is it has to do with the transport logistics and the massive trucker shortage. Dealer with mine has gotten 2 delivered now and both transport drivers have said there are lots of built ones just sitting with noone to transport them. I'd guess larger population centers with multiple dealers that a single transport can serve are getting some elevated priority b/c its just a simple logistics solution.
Well now i officially think there's no method to their deliveries then. Im in So Cal (Los Angeles county), am a Spring delivery and got fully built email 4/7.... And still no delivery or even update for me.... And I'm not the only one there's another person on this forum in San Diego who got the built email a week before me with nothing yet also....
What a mess.... You'd think GM would be more organized than others but i guess not... Ugh

Registered
Well now i officially think there's no method to their deliveries then. Im in So Cal (Los Angeles county), am a Spring delivery and got fully built email 4/7.... And still no delivery or even update for me.... And I'm not the only one there's another person on this forum in San Diego who got the built email a week before me with nothing yet also....
What a mess.... You'd think GM would be more organized than others but i guess not... Ugh
Doh!! I know at the dealer mine is at there was another buyer who was about 2 weeks ahead of me in all the milestones and he got his a couple weeks ago. The dealers have no notice of when something ships out just when it literally pulls into their parking lot. Definitely lots of room for communication improvement on the corporate side with all of this for the 'last mile' portion of the process.

Registered
Concierge seem to have super limited information on delivery鈥檚!
They still tell me June for spring 22 Delivery!
Even my dealer says communication is tough with GM. I don鈥檛 understand how a company doesn't communicate with their dealers. Are they afraid the dealers might leak info, or maybe it is if they don鈥檛 commit then they can鈥檛 be accused of not performing as promised鈥︷煠
I Don鈥檛 know鈥 just want my Hummer馃お

Registered
Concierge seem to have super limited information on delivery鈥檚!
They still tell me June for spring 22 Delivery!
Even my dealer says communication is tough with GM. I don鈥檛 understand how a company doesn't communicate with their dealers. Are they afraid the dealers might leak info, or maybe it is if they don鈥檛 commit then they can鈥檛 be accused of not performing as promised鈥︷煠
I Don鈥檛 know鈥 just want my Hummer馃お
Yes, all the concierge's work remote, answer phones, pull up your reservation and just confirm what you already know.

It would be nice for GM to be more responsive to customers, dealers about progress, vins #'s etc.... We can do better. With GM truly breaking barriers with this EV Super Truck, lets improve all aspects of the delivery process so that you lock in these customers for this purchase and future purchases. Human nature dictates that if people are truly happy & satisfied with the process & product..... they will come back again and again. GM again has an opportunity to cash in dividends by improving process on the customer experience.

Registered
It could be lack of incompetence on GM鈥檚 part, or it could be engineered chaos, just to generate buzz and keep it on your head. If it was all proceeding exactly on schedule, you wouldn鈥檛 be paying as much attention. It would become mundane. Much like some celebrities and politicians.

Registered
I am the san diego guy and my delivery window was Winter 2022 and they confirmed that meant by March of this year and i still have not received mine. Got the built email 6 weeks ago but still no info on shipping.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts