GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! new member... what a great forum! In California.. got the fully built email almost 2 weeks ago but still no follow up email.
Hopefully hear soon... what the average wait time after the fully built email?

Im hoping Im not surprised at pick up with a mark up... I was not able to switch dealerships when I called concierge since I already verified the order....

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
503 Posts
I assume you've gotten the charger already? I never received a follow-up e-mail after that one even though it seems like there should have been. My dealer didn't actually know when it was going to come in until it showed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes, Thanks for the reply. That's good to know... I got the charger few weeks after verifying the order. Geez, ok... guess I just have to wait... I'll call the dealer today to check but won't expect
them to have any idea either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh yes, Thanks for the reply. That's good to know... I got the charger few weeks after verifying the order. Geez, ok... guess I just have to wait... I'll call the dealer today to check but won't expect
them to have any idea either.
Please keep us posted, :) it will be good to hear the current time frame from the email to it showing up at the dealership.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am also in CA and got the notice my truck was built on 3-31-22 but still word on delivery either. My concierge is not much help just saying after build, it goes through final testing and then will get delivered. My dealer is also in the dark and seems to know less then me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I assume you've gotten the charger already? I never received a follow-up e-mail after that one even though it seems like there should have been. My dealer didn't actually know when it was going to come in until it showed up.
Congrats on your sale yesterday. I would assume you are pretty happy about the result since it doesn't look like your "high" mileage hurt the result too much.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Congrats on your sale yesterday. I would assume you are pretty happy about the result since it doesn't look like your "high" mileage hurt the result too much.
So far I'm not impressed with this buyer. I've commented about what's going on in the thread that was created. At least the nice part is this'll give me a bit more time to have the couple issues fixed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am also in CA and got the notice my truck was built on 3-31-22 but still word on delivery either. My concierge is not much help just saying after build, it goes through final testing and then will get delivered. My dealer is also in the dark and seems to know less then me.
Do you know if it is build and THEN goes out for a spray in liner, or is that also done as part of the build complete? From what I thought I heard was that production completes, it ships out for the spray in liner, and then finishes some QA, then ships to dealer... so build complete is more like 99% build complete email.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do you know if it is build and THEN goes out for a spray in liner, or is that also done as part of the build complete? From what I thought I heard was that production completes, it ships out for the spray in liner, and then finishes some QA, then ships to dealer... so build complete is more like 99% build complete email.
Liner is technically a ship-thru, so I think you get the e-mail before that. Not 100% sure, just making an assumption.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So far I'm not impressed with this buyer. I've commented about what's going on in the thread that was created. At least the nice part is this'll give me a bit more time to have the couple issues fixed.
I watched the auction over the last few days and it's pretty typical. People ask questions that if they would just spend a few minutes to read the comments, they would have their answers. How many people commented on the cracked windscreen even though you said from the start what the deal was with it? Hopefully it turns out ok for you and the buyer goes through with the sale.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's just frustrating for me because my delivery window was supposed to be by end of March and here it is 3rd week in April and I still have no idea. Some have said delivery has taken as much as 4 weeks once it ships. I hope not but who knows since DarkFx said he didn't even get a delivery notice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok did some research, in RI it took from March 18th or so until April 6th for build email to delivery. I believe at that point it was 2 months from the verify email. Just some data points.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok did some research, in RI it took from March 18th or so until April 6th for build email to delivery. I believe at that point it was 2 months from the verify email. Just some data points.
Yeah doesn't apply to us now it seems, maybe earliest orders. Verified a month ago and am told to expect delivery in Oct-Dec ("Fall") still. That's another 7-9 months from verify email. Seems like they bulk verified everyone with an Edition 1 order maybe for rest of year...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I verified way back in Mid December and received my charger a few weeks after that then crickets until March 31st when I got the "built" email and now crickets again. Hopefully it's like DarkFx's where it just shipped and he never got that email until it arrived at the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok BikeYeti so your a week ahead of me.. Sounds like it takes 3-4 weeks after Built email.. so hopefully you’ll hear within a week?
The process isn’t very transparent. My dealer has no idea either. I guess the question is how many people actually got the “shipped” email…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was delivered last week. About 6 weeks after I received the email that it was built. I didn’t receive any additional emails from GM until it showed up at the dealer.
Checked with my dealer today and no updates but he did share that someone who put in their verification order 2-3 weeks ahead of me got notice that the truck was built 2 weeks ago but is still sitting in Fort Wayne, IN as of today just waiting on transport to California. Perhaps its the shipping challenges that is holding up most deliveries and not GM build / testing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Checked with my dealer today and no updates but he did share that someone who put in their verification order 2-3 weeks ahead of me got notice that the truck was built 2 weeks ago but is still sitting in Fort Wayne, IN as of today just waiting on transport to California. Perhaps its the shipping challenges that is holding up most deliveries and not GM build / testing.
Pretty significant trucker shortage in northern Indiana right now I’m sure that is the case in Detroit as well since it’s only a couple hours away. Unfortunately I’m starting to think that’s what is holding some of these up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok BikeYeti so your a week ahead of me.. Sounds like it takes 3-4 weeks after Built email.. so hopefully you’ll hear within a week?
The process isn’t very transparent. My dealer has no idea either. I guess the question is how many people actually got the “shipped” email…
Good to know I am not the only one that got the "built" email but still nothing shipped. I'm at 4 weeks right now so hoping in the next two I get some notifications.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts