GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello -- a question for you Hummer EV Truck owners.... does the truck bed wall come with places to install tie down loops similar to what the bed of a Chevy Silverado truck has? these are GM parts that can be used to secure a tie down net.

thanks

Fixture Grey Automotive exterior Material property Wood

Rectangle Font Ticket Wood Nameplate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

since you actually own one of these.. have you given any thought to a truck bed horizontally mounted spare tire option (the vertical spare tire is a non-starter for me)

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
829 Posts
I was looking closely at the optional vertical mount on one of the Hummers in Phoenix last week. It appears to me it would be possible to use the vertical mount, with some modifications to lay it horizontal. Looking at these photos, you can see there is a hinge to swing the hub bolt away from the vertical mount to remove the tire. I am imagining laying that flat and bolting it from the other side of the tire. It also appears the vertical bar on the left side of the mount can be removed separately, see the attachment bolts at the bottom, and the split between the two sides. So remove the left side, and lay the hinged part flat.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
272 Posts
I was looking closely at the optional vertical mount on one of the Hummers in Phoenix last week. It appears to me it would be possible to use the vertical mount, with some modifications to lay it horizontal. Looking at these photos, you can see there is a hinge to swing the hub bolt away from the vertical mount to remove the tire. I am imagining laying that flat and bolting it from the other side of the tire. It also appears the vertical bar on the left side of the mount can be removed separately, see the attachment bolts at the bottom, and the split between the two sides. So remove the left side, and lay the hinged part flat.

View attachment 2075 View attachment 2076
Some of the Raptor folks just use tie downs on the bed bolts to tie down tires. Much simpler esp. if the holes in the bed are already there. Ford Raptor Gen 2/3 Arched Tire Mount Bracket - JDS Customs This one holds a Pro Eagle, as well. Of course, aftermarket support for the Hummer remains an open question.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
The bed does have the bolt holes for the vertical rack, and I have welders and a cutting torch, so could make my own.
Sounds like you may just need some d-rings and the Y-strap then. I'm still thinking Rig'd or another hitch mounted tire holder might be the ticket, but for the camera and backup sensor issues.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sounds like you may just need some d-rings and the Y-strap then. I'm still thinking Rig'd or another hitch mounted tire holder might be the ticket, but for the camera and backup sensor issues.
Actually I was thinking of that later after my post. I am not sure why the Raptor one has the metal bar. I think four d-rings an two straps could tie it down in an X pattern. In fact run one strap through the center of the wheel (over on one side, under on the other side) that should keep it form moving around.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Actually I was thinking of that later after my post. I am not sure why the Raptor one has the metal bar. I think four d-rings an two straps could tie it down in an X pattern. In fact run one strap through the center of the wheel (over on one side, under on the other side) that should keep it form moving around.
Due to the spacing of the existing bed bolts. Also, this should give you an idea of how much space this takes up (Raptor bed being, of course, 6" longer than Hummer).
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Automotive exterior

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Due to the spacing of the existing bed bolts. Also, this should give you an idea of how much space this takes up (Raptor bed being, of course, 6" longer than Hummer).
i found this on the GMC accessories pages... horizontal mounting kit. plus you need another part called Bedslide 1000

Horizontal mounting kit

it seems like something simpler should exist using the bolt holes for the vertical mounting kit.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,108 Posts
i found this on the GMC accessories pages... horizontal mounting kit. plus you need another part called Bedslide 1000

Horizontal mounting kit

it seems like something simpler should exist using the bolt holes for the vertical mounting kit.
oh interesting, I hadn't seen that on the accessories page before, it must be new.

Some quick sleuthing, I'm guessing the bedslide part number is 19432878. Of course it's not listed on the GMC site anywhere yet, but the third image has that part number in the URL.

·
Registered
829 Posts
oh interesting, I hadn't seen that on the accessories page before, it must be new.

Some quick sleuthing, I'm guessing the bedslide part number is 19432878. Of course it's not listed on the GMC site anywhere yet, but the third image has that part number in the URL.
I looked on the Bedslide site and it did not show the existing slide part as compatible with the Hummer. It did show the Silverado though, but that would have a longer bed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts