GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long pause from this forum (sold my H1 wagon a few years ago) my EV1 is coming tomorrow.

My anticipated driving for the EV1 is 75% highway, 25% rural, 0% off road. The EV1 will be my rain (and occasional snow) vehicle.

Any suggestions for a tire that will give me a quieter highway ride but not look out of place? I dont want to change the wheels.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
After a long pause from this forum (sold my H1 wagon a few years ago) my EV1 is coming tomorrow.

My anticipated driving for the EV1 is 75% highway, 25% rural, 0% off road. The EV1 will be my rain (and occasional snow) vehicle.

Any suggestions for a tire that will give me a quieter highway ride but not look out of place? I dont want to change the wheels.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your upcoming delivery. As for tires, in my 1 week of experience, if changing the tires, the wind noise will be your issue, at highway speed both are in a similar volume range. Actually the tire noise might make the wind noise less annoying?

If you really want a quieter tire, check with a tire shop to find one that meets the Hummer's specs, has the look, and less noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts