GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
I get both positive and negative from peeps when I'm out. I get a lot more negative (here in mid Michigan) then I ever expected (It's my first EV ever). But I digress. My first favorite by far is the acceleration! It is what makes my Hummer EV the most fun to drive as if it was a big, bumbly, underpowered turd I wouldn't want to drive it. Second is a tie between the removable roof and the 4 wheel steering! Love it! Not to mention this truck rides nicer than my Escalade over road imperfections (there are a lot in Michigan).

Registered
I'm getting a solar array on my home by the end of the year, woohoo! Mine will actually be fairly "green" if I drive it long enough, which I fully plan to. As green as a Tesla, Leaf, Bolt, etc.? absolutely not, but substantially greener than even "fuel efficient" mid-size trucks... so I consider it a big win!
We have 24 solar panels with battery backup (but grid tied), and it鈥檚 the main reason I鈥檝e been driving electric since 2012, since Helco was zeroing out about 350 KWH a year of excess electricity that we produced. It鈥檚 been real nice driving on 鈥渟unlight鈥. Although get this: I鈥檓 on a program where they buy electricity from me during the day at 48 cents per KWH , but as long as I charge from 9pm - 6am, I buy it back at 24 cents per KWH ( I live in Hawaii where electricity is super expensive from the grid) . The end result is I effectively charge my care with Twice the electricity I produce !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts