GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
馃攱No more "You're wasting gas and bad for the environment!" notes being left on your windshield.
Maybe not the gas... but some may still leave the latter.

Registered
I get both positive and negative from peeps when I'm out. I get a lot more negative (here in mid Michigan) then I ever expected (It's my first EV ever). But I digress. My first favorite by far is the acceleration! It is what makes my Hummer EV the most fun to drive as if it was a big, bumbly, underpowered turd I wouldn't want to drive it. Second is a tie between the removable roof and the 4 wheel steering! Love it! Not to mention this truck rides nicer than my Escalade over road imperfections (there are a lot in Michigan).

Registered
I'm getting a solar array on my home by the end of the year, woohoo! Mine will actually be fairly "green" if I drive it long enough, which I fully plan to. As green as a Tesla, Leaf, Bolt, etc.? absolutely not, but substantially greener than even "fuel efficient" mid-size trucks... so I consider it a big win!
We have 24 solar panels with battery backup (but grid tied), and it鈥檚 the main reason I鈥檝e been driving electric since 2012, since Helco was zeroing out about 350 KWH a year of excess electricity that we produced. It鈥檚 been real nice driving on 鈥渟unlight鈥. Although get this: I鈥檓 on a program where they buy electricity from me during the day at 48 cents per KWH , but as long as I charge from 9pm - 6am, I buy it back at 24 cents per KWH ( I live in Hawaii where electricity is super expensive from the grid) . The end result is I effectively charge my care with Twice the electricity I produce !

Registered
The four wheel steering is just a game changer. It has made my Hummer EV my daily driver when I expected it to just be a weekend vehicle.
Yes, agreed the 4 wheel steering allows me to pull in and out of my parking spot at work with ease. Without it I could not park it there. Plus any tight parking lot the 4 wheel steering make the truck seem so small to maneuver!
and the crabwalk worked great diagonally moving through 3 lanes of cars dropping of my daughter at the airport!
People couldn鈥檛 stop stareing in disbelief!!!

Registered
Yes, agreed the 4 wheel steering allows me to pull in and out of my parking spot at work with ease. Without it I could not park it there. Plus any tight parking lot the 4 wheel steering make the truck seem so small to maneuver!
and the crabwalk worked great diagonally moving through 3 lanes of cars dropping of my daughter at the airport!
People couldn鈥檛 stop stareing in disbelief!!!
I hope that is the case for me as well... When and if I ever get my 3X, I hope that it really does drive like a smaller vehicle. That way maybe my wife will WANT to drive it instead of her Mercedes GLS. She mostly drives short trips around town (taking our daughter to school and picking her up and grocery store/Target trips) during the week. And then I drive her car when we go anywhere as a family on the weekends. For the most part my personal truck (I have a company truck (F150 fleet) that I drive daily) stays parked, so it really doesn't make sense to buy a truck this expensive for it to not be driven.

Registered
I hope that is the case for me as well... When and if I ever get my 3X, I hope that it really does drive like a smaller vehicle. That way maybe my wife will WANT to drive it instead of her Mercedes GLS. She mostly drives short trips around town (taking our daughter to school and picking her up and grocery store/Target trips) during the week. And then I drive her car when we go anywhere as a family on the weekends. For the most part my personal truck (I have a company truck (F150 fleet) that I drive daily) stays parked, so it really doesn't make sense to buy a truck this expensive for it to not be driven.
She really won't drive my 2005 Silverado 2500 unless it's the very last option...

Registered
She really won't drive my 2005 Silverado 2500 unless it's the very last option...
My Wife drives an AMG43GLE, (Except when our son borrows it....)
when
that has been happening, she drives my H2 and has no complaints about the size, the H2 is only slightly larger than the Mercedes believe it or not!
However, she has recently been driving the HEV and says other then it feeling super wide it maneuvers easier than the Mercedes!
The 4-wheel steering is "Simply Marvelous"!
This Morning I dropped my daughter at the airport (JFK)(She Came in for Thanksgiving) it was so crowded that I had to Crab-walk through the traffic to drop her and the police directing traffic were blown away by the maneuverability they stopped the other cars and applauded my sliding into the drop-off point!!!!
It was great!!!

Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
I don't Understand why it keeps going to Typesetjob...I'm "Little Shop Of Guitars"!!!!! So Annoying!!!
Because you saved those credentials in your browser and it defaults to them....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts