GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was watching the latest TFLoffroad Hummer EV off-road video comparing the Hummer EV to the Bronco. (Dropped 2 Days ago) Never mind that the driver didn’t find Low (L) gear until halfway thru but he also couldn’t get the front differential to lock when it really needed it most and couldn’t get extract mode to work either when it was essential. I am also having trouble with front differential lock button. The manual says hold for 5 seconds but that doesn’t work either. Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
If people are having issues with features, they really should be telling the dealers so GM knows about them, can diagnose them, and can really fix it. We've known that there is a software Bug for Extract mode for a while, I believe GM has been working on that. As for the buttons it could be an issue with the switch breaking and not actually depressing the contact.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My front locker button worked per design. I was in terrain mode and my rear locker was already engaged. I believe that is the settings you have to have for it to work.
I was in terrain mode, rear locker already engaged. Pressed front locker and nothing happened. Checked the 399 page user manual and it said you have to hold it for 5 seconds and that doesn’t work either. Could it be anything else?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If people are having issues with features, they really should be telling the dealers so GM knows about them, can diagnose them, and can really fix it. We've known that there is a software Bug for Extract mode for a while, I believe GM has been working on that. As for the buttons it could be an issue with the switch breaking and not actually depressing the contact.
I have been telling Hummer Concierge and also the dealer. No one seems to know. Clearly GMC lent them the Hummer for their review so why didn’t they explain the front locker or have a tech on hand to explain?

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
I have been telling Hummer Concierge and also the dealer. No one seems to know. Clearly GMC lent them the Hummer for their review so why didn’t they explain the front locker or have a tech on hand to explain?
Their steering wheel heater and front locker switches were completely floppy - seems like a mechanical issue with the switches, not a matter of not holding the button down long enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: Actually got it to work now. Just have to be really patient and hold for closer to 8-10 seconds and then let go and it locks front after you let go and then it turns off the light on rear locker switch but shows both front and rear locked on the graphic display. Remember you have to be in Terrain mode and avoid turning wheels while moving forward while both locked since outer wheels have to turn more than inner in a turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts