GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Thanks to TFLtruck viewer, Emmett, we get a first look at a 2022 GMC Hummer EV prototype truck in the wild and on the street. GM made an official announcement that they are building prototype trucks and will be testing them in the wild. Here is one of these trucks and it dwarfs everything else on the road.

Super Moderator
Great find, @BahamaTodd!

I have to say, it definitely looks large and in charge, but not "cartoonish" in the way that the H2 was so massive and stretched to the limits of the platform in every conceivable dimension. And I liked the H2, but this thing looks far more focused, chiseled and muscular. The F-150 next to it looks to be about the same height, but nowhere near as wide. That stance...I love it 馃憤馃憤馃憤

Super Moderator
Anyone know what the Hummer's roof height will be like compared to the F-150?
It almost seems level here.
I remember hearing that it was 81.1 inches tall in standard ride height (10.1 inch ground clearance)...apparently the 2020 F-150 has a max height of 78.5 inches. That Hummer number was never confirmed though, it wasn't in any press releases. Looks like they may have lowered the standard height a bit? Or that 81.1 inch number was in Terrain Mode, 2 inches higher than standard height.

Super Moderator
It looks absolutely glorious. Like any good Hummer it has great road presence.
Exactly my thoughts. This is arguably the best packaging ever for a Hummer...big, but not gaudy or over the top. A brute in a suit, without being a caricature of the earlier ones. Really refined.

Registered
I remember hearing that it was 81.1 inches tall in standard ride height (10.1 inch ground clearance)...apparently the 2020 F-150 has a max height of 78.5 inches. That Hummer number was never confirmed though, it wasn't in any press releases. Looks like they may have lowered the standard height a bit? Or that 81.1 inch number was in Terrain Mode, 2 inches higher than standard height.
You are correct on the ride height as it's officially on the Hummer EV website - no mention of the mode it's in though for that height, but I would assume "standard" mode.

Registered
You are correct on the ride height as it's officially on the Hummer EV website - no mention of the mode it's in though for that height, but I would assume "standard" mode.
I would think so too. What's nuts to me is that the Hummer is basically 7 inches wider than the F-150 without the mirrors.

Hummer - 86.7 inches without mirrors
F-150 - 79.9 inches without mirrors.

Registered
I would think so too. What's nuts to me is that the Hummer is basically 7 inches wider than the F-150 without the mirrors.

Wow, that is wide... I measured my GMC 2500 HD, seems the running boards are the widest point (besides mirrors), 82" wide

Super Moderator

Woah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts