GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
as much as I like TFL, and I do, he really was whining and droning on like a baby
I liked the subtle tragic tune in the background, it was a clickbaity. And I wonder how he felt so girly unsafe at a stoplight in a 9k lb super truck? Didn’t stop him from hopping in and out constantly.

But yeah stuff happens

Someone please tell them the Software in the Silverado will not be this, The Silverado will have Ultifi. xD
Didn’t know that, yeah looks like Hummer is Android auto OS where Ultifi is a homegrown Linux Umbrella.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
816 Posts
Trying to run updates via a cell connection would be an easy source of a parasitic drain on the 12v.
My Mach E downloaded 2 OTAs yesterday, while driving. Of course the 12v is kept charged while driving. Even without Wi-Fi, if plugged in it should maintain the 12v battery. My very first OTA was while parked at a hotel all night with no Wi-Fi connection in the car.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well TFL has their Hummer back, and according to the Dealership it wasn't a 12V issue. A module in the Hummer believed it was in an accident and basically disabled the vehicle. It's apparently a known issue and a reprogramming resolves it.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
Well TFL has their Hummer back, and according to the Dealership it wasn't a 12V issue. A module in the Hummer believed it was in an accident and basically disabled the vehicle. It's apparently a known issue and a reprogramming resolves it.

Wow I kind of preferred it being a 12V issue…haven’t watched the video but did their disconnecting the 12V fix it, or was a dealer visit actually necessary?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow I kind of preferred it being a 12V issue…haven’t watched the video but did their disconnecting the 12V fix it, or was a dealer visit actually necessary?
well the 12V disconnect reset the module and what ever flag was incorrectly triggered in the module. The Module relearn/reflash with new firmware probably fixed the issue from now on.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,094 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts