GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
"Spring 2022" (or 2023) ED1 SUT
306 Posts
Noobie here. Been looking and drooling at the new Hummer since its announcement.

On this topic in particular, I must say, as much as I like TFL, and I do, he really was whining and droning on like a baby. Does he really think he's talking to a bunch of kindergarteners by repeating himself over and over and over? If I heard him relate the faults one more time I would have jumped out of my first floor window at the risk of a sprained ankle.

Like the tow truck driver needed to hear it. Then he said let's say it again. Enough is enough. Anything can break. Stuff happens.
Probably could have cut a few minutes out in editing, but certainly understand the frustration. Teslas need (or historically have needed) rebooting frequently enough that holding down both steering wheel buttons initiates a reboot. Wonder whether there’s a Hummer equivalent.

· Registered
306 Posts
Also noticed exiting the vehicle and waiting 2 minutes for one.

View attachment 3264
Edmunds recently had their Rivian shut down on the 405 and the solution was to turn it off, open and shut the door, lock the car, then get back in. Rivian is saying it was driver error.
"They put the R1T into park, locked and unlocked the car, and opened and closed the doors (in rush-hour traffic) to get the Rivian to come back to life. It worked. After all that they were able to put the truck into drive and rejoin the gauntlet."

· Registered
306 Posts
Well TFL has their Hummer back, and according to the Dealership it wasn't a 12V issue. A module in the Hummer believed it was in an accident and basically disabled the vehicle. It's apparently a known issue and a reprogramming resolves it.

Wow I kind of preferred it being a 12V issue…haven’t watched the video but did their disconnecting the 12V fix it, or was a dealer visit actually necessary?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts