GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

They got their truck this week! (This not the Hummer EV that was loaned to them for the Off-Roading by GM. This is theirs!)

Someone please tell them the Software in the Silverado will not be this, The Silverado will have Ultifi. xD

Edit: WHY do I feel like this is a 12V battery issue? I know in Volts eventually it will start throwing odd unrelated errors and not let you drive.

Edit 2: At the start of the video, I also question when he tries to turn it off does he have his foot on the brake at all??

Edit 3: Wait they mention Hummer chat but I don't recall them at all starting a thread here?

Edit 4: I like that they are focusing soooooo much on the infotainment software... That really isn't going to do anything for the main issue. (it's not as integrated as a Tesla yet, this is still Google Automotive and not GM's next generation Ultifi OS that will replace it.)

Edit 5: dramatized going into the frunk.. we knew day one about the manual release...

Feel sorry for Roman some times when it comes to technology.

EDIT 6: The whole window thing had me in stitches.... that had nothing to do at all with getting it out of park... that was the window relearn for Auto Window up and down.... LMAO. The reason it was asking them to do it was because they unhooked the battery and it forgot the position of the windows LMAO.

Edit 7: I actually think you need to have your seatbelt engaged to put it in Neutral. (Need to test)

You can reach out to them at [email protected] for questions about it.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely a 12V issue. I don't remember if there's a way to see the 12V Voltage on the screens at all
Yup that is my feeling as well.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the 12V battery not charge when the truck is plugged into a L2 charger at home?? I'm asking because of the recommendation to put it on a 12V charger when you get it home. Would you have to disconnect the 12V prior to plugging it in or with the truck off it is safe to trickle charge the 12V
Newspaper Font Screenshot Publication Document

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I haven't seen rebooting or restarting anywhere in thr manual. Whenever it states to restart, it inferes just turning the truck off and back n on again.
Also noticed exiting the vehicle and waiting 2 minutes for one.

Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Magenta

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well TFL has their Hummer back, and according to the Dealership it wasn't a 12V issue. A module in the Hummer believed it was in an accident and basically disabled the vehicle. It's apparently a known issue and a reprogramming resolves it.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow I kind of preferred it being a 12V issue…haven’t watched the video but did their disconnecting the 12V fix it, or was a dealer visit actually necessary?
well the 12V disconnect reset the module and what ever flag was incorrectly triggered in the module. The Module relearn/reflash with new firmware probably fixed the issue from now on.

· Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts