GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

They got their truck this week! (This not the Hummer EV that was loaned to them for the Off-Roading by GM. This is theirs!)

Someone please tell them the Software in the Silverado will not be this, The Silverado will have Ultifi. xD

Edit: WHY do I feel like this is a 12V battery issue? I know in Volts eventually it will start throwing odd unrelated errors and not let you drive.

Edit 2: At the start of the video, I also question when he tries to turn it off does he have his foot on the brake at all??

Edit 3: Wait they mention Hummer chat but I don't recall them at all starting a thread here?

Edit 4: I like that they are focusing soooooo much on the infotainment software... That really isn't going to do anything for the main issue. (it's not as integrated as a Tesla yet, this is still Google Automotive and not GM's next generation Ultifi OS that will replace it.)

Edit 5: dramatized going into the frunk.. we knew day one about the manual release...

Feel sorry for Roman some times when it comes to technology.

EDIT 6: The whole window thing had me in stitches.... that had nothing to do at all with getting it out of park... that was the window relearn for Auto Window up and down.... LMAO. The reason it was asking them to do it was because they unhooked the battery and it forgot the position of the windows LMAO.

Edit 7: I actually think you need to have your seatbelt engaged to put it in Neutral. (Need to test)

You can reach out to them at [email protected] for questions about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
Most likely a 12V issue. I don't remember if there's a way to see the 12V Voltage on the screens at all
I have not seen an EV yet with a 12V display, but my Mach E does have a display that tells me when it is charging the 12V. You can buy a volt meter that plugs into the 12V socket, some folks have done that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the 12V battery not charge when the truck is plugged into a L2 charger at home?? I'm asking because of the recommendation to put it on a 12V charger when you get it home. Would you have to disconnect the 12V prior to plugging it in or with the truck off it is safe to trickle charge the 12V

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the 12V battery not charge when the truck is plugged into a L2 charger at home?? I'm asking because of the recommendation to put it on a 12V charger when you get it home. Would you have to disconnect the 12V prior to plugging it in or with the truck off it is safe to trickle charge the 12V
Newspaper Font Screenshot Publication Document

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
It does, but the maintenance is on a schedule instead of being reactive to the level of charge in the battery. There's probably some module that occasionally doesn't go to sleep when it's supposed to, or some issue with the DC-DC converter not turning on when it's supposed to. And all those trucks sitting in the lot, if they don't have their 12V batteries disconnected, they are going to run them down when not being used for months. Once a lead acid battery has had deep discharges, it doesn't work properly anymore.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
815 Posts
Since these are AGM batteries, it is also possible that at some point, when the vehicle is parked in Flint, or upon arriving at the dealer, they hook up a standard charger and end up damaging the AGM. Look at the warnings in the manual that Nebula posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noobie here. Been looking and drooling at the new Hummer since its announcement.

On this topic in particular, I must say, as much as I like TFL, and I do, he really was whining and droning on like a baby. Does he really think he's talking to a bunch of kindergarteners by repeating himself over and over and over? If I heard him relate the faults one more time I would have jumped out of my first floor window at the risk of a sprained ankle.

Like the tow truck driver needed to hear it. Then he said let's say it again. Enough is enough. Anything can break. Stuff happens.

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
Noobie here. Been looking and drooling at the new Hummer since its announcement.

On this topic in particular, I must say, as much as I like TFL, and I do, he really was whining and droning on like a baby. Does he really think he's talking to a bunch of kindergarteners by repeating himself over and over and over? If I heard him relate the faults one more time I would have jumped out of my first floor window at the risk of a sprained ankle.

Like the tow truck driver needed to hear it. Then he said let's say it again. Enough is enough. Anything can break. Stuff happens.
Probably could have cut a few minutes out in editing, but certainly understand the frustration. Teslas need (or historically have needed) rebooting frequently enough that holding down both steering wheel buttons initiates a reboot. Wonder whether there’s a Hummer equivalent.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Without diving too deep into reading the manuals, are there any notable changes and a way to reset the software system now?
I haven't seen rebooting or restarting anywhere in thr manual. Whenever it states to restart, it inferes just turning the truck off and back n on again.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I haven't seen rebooting or restarting anywhere in thr manual. Whenever it states to restart, it inferes just turning the truck off and back n on again.
Also noticed exiting the vehicle and waiting 2 minutes for one.

Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Magenta

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
266 Posts
Also noticed exiting the vehicle and waiting 2 minutes for one.

View attachment 3264
Edmunds recently had their Rivian shut down on the 405 and the solution was to turn it off, open and shut the door, lock the car, then get back in. Rivian is saying it was driver error.
"They put the R1T into park, locked and unlocked the car, and opened and closed the doors (in rush-hour traffic) to get the Rivian to come back to life. It worked. After all that they were able to put the truck into drive and rejoin the gauntlet."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts