GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
You've got to wonder what is going on with their particular truck, though. We don't want it becoming the same travesty their Defender did.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got to wonder if GM knew they were giving that truck to an "influencer"
Not at the beginning, it was pre-ordered by someone else but they gave it to TFL and TFL purchased it at the dealership.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,210 Posts
Not at the beginning, it was pre-ordered by someone else but they gave it to TFL and TFL purchased it at the dealership.
Didn't know that. I'm going to start a rumor that TFL is the reason GM stop-saled all of the Hummer EVs. They wanted to audit who was buying them and realized after this they couldn't.

· Registered
360 Posts
You've got to wonder what is going on with their particular truck, though. We don't want it becoming the same travesty their Defender did.
The Defender thing just taught them lesson that hyping negativity and dragging brands drives views, which they've applied to their Hummer. I'm on my second Defender (traded the 110 for a 130) and haven't had a single issue so YMMV. I, personally, would hate if my whole "brand" was complaining...or putting myself in situations where there was a heightened chance of creating a failure scenario and then milking the failure (I've kinda encouraged) past the point of people being sick about hearing about it. They've got a new Defender video where they're like "this one's fine...moving on." Hummer EVs undeniably have some teething issues but most owners are just taking them in and having issues corrected, not putting GM on blast for some ad revenue to pay for the thing they're complaining about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts