GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elon Musk on an "All Hands" Tesla conference call tonight announced Cybertruck production is being pushed back to late 2022, volume production in 2023

Registered
No real surprise there. They had pretty much hinted at that at the last earnings report. Maybe the Silverado will now beat it to market now! 馃お

Registered
It鈥檚 kinda sad that Tesla is so unreliable on their release dates. Every article I read on Tesla stuff the writer usually acknowledges you can鈥檛 believe any release estimates until they actually tell you the production line is running

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It鈥檚 kinda sad that Tesla is so unreliable on their release dates. Every article I read on Tesla stuff the writer usually acknowledges you can鈥檛 believe any release estimates until they actually tell you the production line is running
Ya, Tesla still operates like a startup, and thinks they can make miracles happen daily. Musk is a very innovative leader, and will try just about anything, but he often thinks things will be easier to engineer, and manufacture then they are, and anything can be accomplished in "2 weeks". With anything Musk or Tesla, I take the "I will believe it when I see it". Sometimes Musk pulls off a miracle, more often its delay, delay delay. What makes things worse, is when Musk says something his rabid fan boys spread it like gospel. Roadster, Cybertruck, Semi, FSD, Solar Roof, etc, are all products that Musk has missed his targets on, and while I think the Model Y is the best crossover EV sold today in nearly all EV fundamentals (the first that will sell in the millions), and the PLAID is unbelievable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No real surprise there. They had pretty much hinted at that at the last earnings report. Maybe the Silverado will now beat it to market now! 馃お
I think even early 2023 is wishful thinking, the tooling to build Cybertruck is not even designed yet, and nothing has been ordered. The tooling industry is absolutely slammed right now, and 18 months from design to production for tooling is wishful thinking. I was recently talking to a guy from Kuka, and he said they are so far out right now, and lead times are being guided at 2 years if you need anything that is not "off the shelf".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Updated, Electrek is reporting Cybertruck will not make volume production until late 2023, WOW, Rivian, Ford, GM, and even RAM are getting a long runway to start production and ramp before competition arrives from Tesla.

Registered
I think even early 2023 is wishful thinking, the tooling to build Cybertruck is not even designed yet, and nothing has been ordered. The tooling industry is absolutely slammed right now, and 18 months from design to production for tooling is wishful thinking. I was recently talking to a guy from Kuka, and he said they are so far out right now, and lead times are being guided at 2 years if you need anything that is not "off the shelf".
That tooling timeline is painful for everyone now I would guess. Seems like some of the small guys may never get off the ground if they can鈥檛 get any tools to make their cars. I guess we need to buy tooling stocks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That tooling timeline is painful for everyone now I would guess. Seems like some of the small guys may never get off the ground if they can鈥檛 get any tools to make their cars. I guess we need to buy tooling stocks!
Tooling is never a good investment, even though they are busy, and running hard, they also have labor issues, and so much competition, they cannot really get much higher prices for their products. Comau, is one of the big boys in automated tooling, but owned by Stellantis now. I know some managers at Comau, because they all came from Progressive Tool years ago , and used to help our racing team. Amazing forging, and hard metal machining capabilities. Parts that used to take our team months to make 1, they could knock out 10 in a matter of days.

Registered
Tooling is never a good investment, even though they are busy, and running hard, they also have labor issues, and so much competition, they cannot really get much higher prices for their products. Comau, is one of the big boys in automated tooling, but owned by Stellantis now. I know some managers at Comau, because they all came from Progressive Tool years ago , and used to help our racing team. Amazing forging, and hard metal machining capabilities. Parts that used to take our team months to make 1, they could knock out 10 in a matter of days.
I was joking more than anything else, but that is good information to know! Thanks.

Super Moderator
I called this way back in November 2019 lol, and got railed on by the Tesla fanbois. And I mean RAILED on. I mean come on, I'm just a hating TSLAQ, definitely not just a rational human being!

Today, I drink heavily from the overflowing chalice of vindication.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called this way back in November 2019 lol, and got railed on by the Tesla fanbois. And I mean RAILED on. I mean come on, I'm just a hating TSLAQ, definitely not just a rational human being!

Today, I drink heavily from the overflowing chalice of vindication.
Haha, same for ME... There are a few Tesla fan boys that call me the same thing, then other times people call me a Tesla fan boy. I like Tesla's current cars, but not their fake promises.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts