GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is interesting, I guess they are digging in deeper to figure out why Tesla's on A/P hit so many emergency vehicles.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean.. Its because the people driving it arent paying attention like they are obligated to
Ya, the problem is the Tesla system does not monitor the driver well enough to know if they stay engaged, and allows use of the system in areas it's not engineered for. NTSB gave Tesla suggestions several years ago to fix it, but Tesla didn't, more people died, now NHTSA has to step in and force Tesla to fix it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Man I used autopilot regular adaptive cruse for 50 miles yesterday from airport home. Nice clean well done roads. Got 2 major phantom slam on the brakes for no reason. One almost got me hit and killed. I don’t like what Tesla has done with vision only and it’s dangerous! Another reason getting rid of the Model S soon.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I used autopilot regular adaptive cruse for 50 miles yesterday from airport home. Nice clean well done roads. Got 2 major phantom slam on the brakes for no reason. One almost got me hit and killed. I don’t like what Tesla has done with vision only and it’s dangerous! Another reason getting rid of the Model S soon.
Do you have the new Model S without radar? My Y has radar, and it still seems to be active, phantom braking is rare, but I do not use A/P much.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you have the new Model S without radar? My Y has radar, and it still seems to be active, phantom braking is rare, but I do not use A/P much.
2022 Model S. Has radar.
These were emergency stops with no one or nothing remotely in front of me. Maybe a shadow or something visual in the distance - was horrible. Hate autopilot lately. It was better in like 2015.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2022 Model S. Has radar.
These were emergency stops with no one or nothing remotely in front of me. Maybe a shadow or something visual in the distance - was horrible. Hate autopilot lately. It was better in like 2015.
In 2015 A/P was not Tesla's system is was Mobileye, which is now Intel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts