GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow looks great. Almost no chance I get off the waitlist but if I somehow had the option I'd seriously consider the matte green, even though I'm not sure I want the headache of matte paint.
I was so late to the game, I didn't preorder until June of last year, so I have an EV3X lol. I doubt they're going to give the matte green to the SUT, but if they do, that's what I'm going to get, hands down.

The plan is to PPF the ENTIRE truck, so I can live with it and keep it protected.

I recently went off roading with a bunch of Rivians. one of them had a matte PPF film on their metallic green paint turning it into a matte color... it was freaking slick. so considering that as well!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow looks great. Almost no chance I get off the waitlist but if I somehow had the option I'd seriously consider the matte green, even though I'm not sure I want the headache of matte paint.
I love the matte green also and have the ED1 SUV on order. Never had a matte vehicle so it makes me kinda nervous.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The matte green color looked even better in person when I saw it last year. But matte colors definitely are a pain for maintenance, so be prepared. If you get a rock chip or scratch, it’s not easily repaired without replacing a whole panel. I’d also recommend hand washing only. I love the Brilliant Blue Magno paint on my Mercedes E63 S wagon, but to protect the paint I did a full PPF. Full PPF is an extra cost… but I’d strongly consider it for the matte green.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The matte green color looked even better in person when I saw it last year. But matte colors definitely are a pain for maintenance, so be prepared. If you get a rock chip or scratch, it’s not easily repaired without replacing a whole panel. I’d also recommend hand washing only. I love the Brilliant Blue Magno paint on my Mercedes E63 S wagon, but to protect the paint I did a full PPF. Full PPF is an extra cost… but I’d strongly consider it for the matte green.
A buddy of mine has a BMW X5 Vermillion edition which has a matte black paint. He said his dealer told him it’s fine to take it through a touch less car wash but I have always hear those are bad for matte paints as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was so late to the game, I didn't preorder until June of last year, so I have an EV3X lol. I doubt they're going to give the matte green to the SUT, but if they do, that's what I'm going to get, hands down.

The plan is to PPF the ENTIRE truck, so I can live with it and keep it protected.

I recently went off roading with a bunch of Rivians. one of them had a matte PPF film on their metallic green paint turning it into a matte color... it was freaking slick. so considering that as well!
Wife's Defender is gloss green paint but came with a factory matte PPF. Best of both worlds. Self healing and if it gets a mark deep enough to go through the film it's just a regular gloss panel to touchup, you don't have to repaint the whole panel like you do with matte paint.
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wife's Defender is gloss green paint but came with a factory matte PPF. Best of both worlds. Self healing and if it gets a mark deep enough to go through the film it's just a regular gloss panel to touchup, you don't have to repaint the whole panel like you do with matte paint.
View attachment 2597
That is a really slick looking color!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts