GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
So, other than the lane changing, sounds just like Ford blue cruise. But Ford has not released a detailed map yet.
I suspect Ford is doing something with Gm on this... Remember GM suing Ford last year on Blue Cruise, suddenly settling, and then something strange on GM's last earnings statement, there was a $250M revenue for patent use, but with no explanation. This line item did not appear on GM's earlier earnings statements, so I wonder if Ford made GM a payment quietly to settle that suit?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
I suspect Ford is doing something with Gm on this... Remember GM suing Ford last year on Blue Cruise, suddenly settling, and then something strange on GM's last earnings statement, there was a $250M revenue for patent use, but with no explanation. This line item did not appear on GM's earlier earnings statements, so I wonder if Ford made GM a payment quietly to settle that suit?
That's likely. Who does GM get the map data from for Super Cruise? Maybe Ford got access to that or something?

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
816 Posts
When I mentioned Ford does not have a published map, I meant an online map that is zoomable to local areas. They obviously have LIDAR mapped highways, just not well documented.

Also, the Ford system allows you to grab the wheel in hands free zones, and it will not disengage due to that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts