GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone have any idea on why the supercruise works intermittently? It’ll work and then sometimes not work on the same road same area
I have only had my HummerEV for 1 fully day but it Supercruise is definitely trying to take me out. if you touch the wheel it will temporarily will disengage (go blue) so don’t touch teh wheel unless you Intend to take control. Coming from a Tesla this is a significant change.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Anyone have any idea on why the supercruise works intermittently? It’ll work and then sometimes not work on the same road same area
Requires constant cell service. Sometimes it seemed like it wouldn't roam between towers quick enough. Not sure if that's the actual issue or if they just haven't gotten the hardware right.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I have only had my HummerEV for 1 fully day but it Supercruise is definitely trying to take me out. if you touch the wheel it will temporarily will disengage (go blue) so don’t touch teh wheel unless you Intend to take control. Coming from a Tesla this is a significant change.
Ya, Tesla uses a wheel tension sensor to determine driver engagement so it stays engages, if Supercruise notices a movement of the wheel, it thinks you want to take over. Might be something to suggest to GM to turn down the sensitivity on that

·
Registered
100 Posts
One thing I noticed was when going up an incline and the road turning (especially to the left) the truck automatically changed lanes to the left a few times b/c it sensed a 'slow car' infront of us despite that car being in the lane to our right (aka a slower lane). Did it enough that I've disabled the automatic lane change setting so now I have to initiate with the blinker when I want the lane swap.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
One thing I noticed was when going up an incline and the road turning (especially to the left) the truck automatically changed lanes to the left a few times b/c it sensed a 'slow car' infront of us despite that car being in the lane to our right (aka a slower lane). Did it enough that I've disabled the automatic lane change setting so now I have to initiate with the blinker when I want the lane swap.
How is the auto lane charge on straight roads?

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
How is the auto lane charge on straight roads?
It worked okay in my truck but I ended up turning it off too. If someone in front of me is only going 0.5 mph slower I'd rather sit behind them than clog up the left lane. It kept doing that, forcing me to drive faster to not be "that asshole".

·
Registered
100 Posts
It worked okay in my truck but I ended up turning it off too. If someone in front of me is only going 0.5 mph slower I'd rather sit behind them than clog up the left lane. It kept doing that, forcing me to drive faster to not be "that asshole".
Totally have the same mentality!!! For straight it worked just fine in lane swapping but I wish besides the distance buffer you had a MPH threshold to say "if car is going more than X mph slower change lanes". My experience is if I'm behind someone and there isnt traffic they change lanes to get out of the way / get a look at the full truck anyways so a min or two being behind them only going slightly slower isnt a big deal.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Totally have the same mentality!!! For straight it worked just fine in lane swapping but I wish besides the distance buffer you had a MPH threshold to say "if car is going more than X mph slower change lanes". My experience is if I'm behind someone and there isnt traffic they change lanes to get out of the way / get a look at the full truck anyways so a min or two being behind them only going slightly slower isnt a big deal.
That may be a good use of that email they provided Hummer owners to suggest updates.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
686 Posts
For those that have used Super Cruise, does the map clearly indicate when you are on an enabled highway? The Ford Blue Cruise just turns off and pops up a message to put your hands on the wheel when it leaves one of the zones. Also, does it work on the exit/entry ramps when changing highways?

·
Registered
100 Posts
For those that have used Super Cruise, does the map clearly indicate when you are on an enabled highway? The Ford Blue Cruise just turns off and pops up a message to put your hands on the wheel when it leaves one of the zones. Also, does it work on the exit/entry ramps when changing highways?
I have seen zero indication on the Google Maps of where SC is available. Infact I just got curious this week wondering 'what roads does it actually work on' and had to find via Google this page on Chevy's website that at least shows something - Super Cruise for Electric Vehicles | Chevrolet Kinda disappoint there's nothing HummerEV / GMC branded easily available (aka like a tab in the GM App that shows which highways have been mapped).

Also, it does not work at all on exit / entry ramps. Even manually initiating a lane change into an offramp dedicated lane the truck pops up an error saying it cant make the lane change.

One thing I havent tried yet is seeing how it responds to a portion of a high which has been mapped but is now under construction with lane shifts. Really hoping GM either has it temp disabled or figured out a way to know the road has an unusual shift in it.

I've had adaptive cruse control on cars for years and absolutely love the feature.. but the whole hands free addition and how many edge cases exist I'm not sure I'll end up using it very often in full SC mode.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
One thing I havent tried yet is seeing how it responds to a portion of a high which has been mapped but is now under construction with lane shifts. Really hoping GM either has it temp disabled or figured out a way to know the road has an unusual shift in it.
A "Entering Construction Zone" error will popup on the Dash.

·
Super Moderator
454 Posts
I have seen zero indication on the Google Maps of where SC is available. Infact I just got curious this week wondering 'what roads does it actually work on' and had to find via Google this page on Chevy's website that at least shows something - Super Cruise for Electric Vehicles | Chevrolet Kinda disappoint there's nothing HummerEV / GMC branded easily available (aka like a tab in the GM App that shows which highways have been mapped).

Also, it does not work at all on exit / entry ramps. Even manually initiating a lane change into an offramp dedicated lane the truck pops up an error saying it cant make the lane change.

I've had adaptive cruse control on cars for years and absolutely love the feature.. but the whole hands free addition and how many edge cases exist I'm not sure I'll end up using it very often in full SC mode.
I know it is explicitly not for on or off ramps. Those were not mapped and we were basically warned when we had our training not to ever mention ramps. That's when they have to take over driving. Other than that it's a really nice feature. I know with the Google built in system there is a setting to have it find the most SC miles possible for your trip. I believe it's in the EV assistant part, but there is a way to end up on those highways depending on where you are going.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
686 Posts

So, other than the lane changing, sounds just like Ford blue cruise. But Ford has not released a detailed map yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts