GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been so happy with SuperCruise on the Hummer EV, it had been perfect for me every time I used it, today I went through a couple of tunnels with SuperCruise on, and in the second longer Tunnel, SuperCruise disconnected, and the rest of the day I could not use it, even back on freeways it worked on yesterday? @Nebula1701 any ideas? Why would it crap out and then not work again the rest of the day? Is there something in the settings I am missing? Is SuperCruise moody? When I push the button to activate it, I get a SuperCruise not available message. Try adaptive cruise control. Operator error, or did I break my new toy?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,330 Posts
I have been so happy with SuperCruise on the Hummer EV, it had been perfect for me every time I used it, today I went through a couple of tunnels with SuperCruise on, and in the second longer Tunnel, SuperCruise disconnected, and the rest of the day I could not use it, even back on freeways it worked on yesterday? @Nebula1701 any ideas? Why would it crap out and then not work again the rest of the day? Is there something in the settings I am missing? Is SuperCruise moody? When I push the button to activate it, I get a SuperCruise not available message. Try adaptive cruise control. Operator error, or did I break my new toy?
After Super Cruise went kapoot did you stop the vehicle at any point and power cycle it? Sometimes if Super Cruise loses connection or it gets mad at you too many times for ignoring it it will disable itself until next ignition cycle.

Super Cruise needs a cellular signal to work as well and that tunnel you went through probably confused it.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After Super Cruise went kapoot did you stop the vehicle at any point and power cycle it? Sometimes if Super Cruise loses connection or it gets mad at you too many times for ignoring it it will disable itself until next ignition cycle.
Ya, I thought of that, cycled it a couple times. No luck. I am going back out tonight , I am determined to run the charge down enough to go fast charge it to get a good charge curve recording.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
718 Posts
I am surprised it needs cell service. My Mach E uses GPS and Ford has a bug where sometimes the GPS calculation gets lost and causes Blue Cruise to not engage, then it starts fooling the speed sign recognition because of the erroneous map data, resulting in phantom braking when the adaptive cruise thinks the speed limit is 15 in a 65 zone. The Blue Cruise lane keeping also will disengage when driving into a setting sun, I had that happen today.

GPS signal would definitely get lost in a long tunnel.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am surprised it needs cell service. My Mach E uses GPS and Ford has a bug where sometimes the GPS calculation gets lost and causes Blue Cruise to not engage, then it starts fooling the speed sign recognition because of the erroneous map data, resulting in phantom braking when the adaptive cruise thinks the speed limit is 15 in a 65 zone. The Blue Cruise lane keeping also will disengage when driving into a setting sun, I had that happen today.

GPS signal would definitely get lost in a long tunnel.
I was not surprised that it quit in the tunnel, but more surprised I lost SuperCruise for the rest of the day. I am going back out later tonight to run off another hundred miles so I can go charge.

BTW, HummerEV owners, isn't it cool when the screens switch to dark mode in the tunnel? Nice Easter Egg

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
946 Posts

Super Cruise needs a cellular signal to work as well and that tunnel you went through probably confused it.
If it doesn't like your behavior, it pops up a message "Supercruise locked out". The generic unavailable message happened to me quite a bit, but I just attributed it to bad cell signal. I suppose it could be a hardware issue.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it doesn't like your behavior, it pops up a message "Supercruise locked out". The generic unavailable message happened to me quite a bit, but I just attributed it to bad cell signal. I suppose it could be a hardware issue.
Mine is working again, I think I may have changed something in the settings (operator error), and caused it not to work, last night it was back to full operation.

I have not gotten a "locked out" message

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
946 Posts
Mine is working again, I think I may have changed something in the settings (operator error), and caused it not to work, last night it was back to full operation.

I have not gotten a "locked out" message
First time it happened to me was coming up to stopped traffic on the freeway. It was telling me to take over, which I thought I did. Apparently it expects you to squeeze the steering wheel at 10 or 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello folks,

I want to extend an invitation to share your experience with SuperCruise for a research that is going on right now, trying to inform future legislation on how to monitor and control these systems. Participation is totally voluntary and successful completion of the online survey ( Welcome to our survey! ) is compensated with $25.

Anyone in California, who is willing to take part in an in-person, driving simulator experiment, has the chance to sign up for the driving study at the end. This will be another $175 for about 2 hours, including a drive and an interview around your usage and behavior. You can also directly sign up for the study here: Welcome to our survey!

Information about the company and the driving simulator can be found here: Driving Simulator
The project is a joint effort between several partners in the automotive industry in the USA and Germany. It will help make systems like SuperCruise better in the long run and will most importantly inform law makers to take reasonable decisions, based on facts and lessons learned.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts