GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supercar Blondie posted a walkaround video of the Hummer SUV today with a GM rep driving a short bit in a parking lot at the end. I will say I didn't learn anything we didn't already know, however I like GM is getting them out there in automotive influencers hands. I'm hoping this opens the flood gates of new videos and more news with new info being released. Again don't expect ground breaking information, just wanted to share.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Supercar Blondie posted a walkaround video of the Hummer SUV today with a GM rep driving a short bit in a parking lot at the end. I will say I didn't learn anything we didn't already know, however I like GM is getting them out there in automotive influencers hands. I'm hoping this opens the flood gates of new videos and more news with new info being released. Again don't expect ground breaking information, just wanted to share.

Cool, but this is still the show cars... I think the faucet of real production model SUT reviews is going to open in September'ish time frame. We still have a couple months of waiting, but I would not be surprised if GM shows us the final production model SUT in August (perhaps just before or after Q2 earnings which is August 4th?).

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with that timing. Should start to get more interesting over the next couple of months.
Yes, It seems like we have been waiting so long, but actually this program has gone lightning quick. I just wish GM would invite a guy like Marques Brownlee behind the scenes once every month or 2 to spoon feed us some content and keep the excitement building, I feel like GM still has not fully learned how to fully capitalize on social media as advertising the way Tesla does, and to a lesser extent Ford does.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, It seems like we have been waiting so long, but actually this program has gone lightning quick. I just wish GM would invite a guy like Marques Brownlee behind the scenes once every month or 2 to spoon feed us some content and keep the excitement building, I feel like GM still has not fully learned how to fully capitalize on social media as advertising the way Tesla does, and to a lesser extent Ford does.
It would be great if GM could get somebody talking about their electric vehicles exclusively like Tesla does! Maybe that will come once the floodgates open with the bevy of new models coming out in the next few years. I do have to admit that the corvette has several youtubers that are pretty much full time on corvettes only, so we know GM has some rabid fans did some if their product out there. I hope Hummer gets that kind of fandom from at least one of the YouTubers out there. The Rivian has at least a couple, so I don’t see why the Hummer could not follow along If GM is good at feeding them info like you mentioned.

Just hope they don’t spread misinformation like some of the YouTubers do. 😃. I hate it when some spread lies about the competition.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It would be great if GM could get somebody talking about their electric vehicles exclusively like Tesla does! Maybe that will come once the floodgates open with the bevy of new models coming out in the next few years. I do have to admit that the corvette has several youtubers that are pretty much full time on corvettes only, so we know GM has some rabid fans did some if their product out there. I hope Hummer gets that kind of fandom from at least one of the YouTubers out there. The Rivian has at least a couple, so I don’t see why the Hummer could not follow along If GM is good at feeding them info like you mentioned.

Just hope they don’t spread misinformation like some of the YouTubers do. 😃. I hate it when some spread lies about the competition.
Ya, I think GM has a list of you tubers they share info with from time to time, I can think of a few channels Engineering Explained, Doug DeMuro, Jerry Rig Everything, TFL, and a few others, but surprisingly I have never seen GM open up to the larger tech channels like Marques Brownlee who I think would be great to follow the Hummer with all of its tech, and being an EV. Marques got a lot of attention for the F150 reveal.

GM should cut their traditional marketing spend, and invest into influencers, that is the direction everyone goes these days. A guy like Marques Brownlee can get you big exposure to a younger tech heavy demographic than a tv add during a baseball game.

Yes, there is more misinformation on youtube than factual information, especially in the Tesla world. Tesla fans have wild imagination, that being said, Tesla vehicles are typically awesome, and priced right, even without exaggerating.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, GM spends an awful lot on marketing to be so bad at it…. I think they’re starting to figure some of it out though with the Hummer EV program and market response.

Wish Blondie would use less vertical video in her reviews…. This was not a good review for her, but I didn’t get the impression that she had much time with the SUV. Also being the reveal prototype, it’s only so capable…. The speed it drives at the end is pretty much maximum for the demo model. The frunk opening mechanism is super slow on the prototypes, and they sped up the video for it.

I like the matte/satin green on the SUV more and more every time I see it.

I think we’re close to getting real reviews of a production-ready SUT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree with both of you on the "influencers" even though that is not where I (as a 50 yr old) consume most of my information.... I have a 12 yr old and if it isn't on YouTube or Tic Tok.... That is where the world is heading and surely GM could get in touch with these people and stir up way more interest than a typical TV Comercial. That being said, I am tiring of all the reviews about the "Easter Eggs" and the whole Sea of Tranquility thing.... It's like everyone who's had access so far is just reading off of a script that GM wrote... Show me more functionality like what size suitcase or cooler you can get in the frunk... What can you fit under the rear seats.. Show us more about the accessories... I really just want to see more... And more that doesn't seem like the same canned stuff that is out there now... The YouTube stuff has the different "influencers", but they all seem like they are reading off more or Lee's the same script.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with both of you on the "influencers" even though that is not where I (as a 50 yr old) consume most of my information.... I have a 12 yr old and if it isn't on YouTube or Tic Tok.... That is where the world is heading and surely GM could get in touch with these people and stir up way more interest than a typical TV Comercial. That being said, I am tiring of all the reviews about the "Easter Eggs" and the whole Sea of Tranquility thing.... It's like everyone who's had access so far is just reading off of a script that GM wrote... Show me more functionality like what size suitcase or cooler you can get in the frunk... What can you fit under the rear seats.. Show us more about the accessories... I really just want to see more... And more that doesn't seem like the same canned stuff that is out there now... The YouTube stuff has the different "influencers", but they all seem like they are reading off more or Lee's the same script.
Yes, well GM's team that have moved the Hummer show cars around the country and display them brief the influencers when they come in (I assume all the briefings are the same), and then let the influencer make their video which is more of an introduction, than a review. Later GM will let reviewers take the Hummer EV's for a couple days (range test, charge, etc...), and that is when the real "reviews" will start. It is typical early in the program that the manufacture wants to control the narrative, we see Ford doing that now with the Bronco, which is still under Embargo but I know Ford is conducting an off road Bronco experience in TX now. I think GM will do some Hummer media event late this summer or early fall in MOAB (or Las Vegas) as when they were out there testing, they were also scouting for the best locations to conduct their media event. GM has a 2 day Investor presentation scheduled for October 6 and 7, I expect there is going to be a flood of EV and AV related announcements leading into and out of that event. That timeline also coincides closely with Hummer EV scheduled start of deliveries, I expect they are going to want to start the presentation with something like "see, we said we would deliver the Hummer EV in less than a year, and here they are". GM has a perceived credibility problem with investors (especially young investors) that they are working hard to overcome.

BTW, 50 is still young, I am older then that, well, 51...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts