GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was a spring delivery as was the guy before me, and I know I was much further back in line than him. When the truck came it had three hummers though, so while I jumped a lot in line, whoever is getting that third hummer had to have been a summer delivery.

I think right now it’s logistics, if you just so happen to luck out and hitch a ride with someone earlier in line you will get yours sooner.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I was a spring delivery as was the guy before me, and I know I was much further back in line than him. When the truck came it had three hummers though, so while I jumped a lot in line, whoever is getting that third hummer had to have been a summer delivery.

I think right now it’s logistics, if you just so happen to luck out and hitch a ride with someone earlier in line you will get yours sooner.
Logistics first bottleneck, battery production second bottleneck. I wonder if GM planned for shipping these 3 at a time? or if this was something they figured out later? 3 at a time with todays fuel prices is expensive.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Logistics first bottleneck, battery production second bottleneck. I wonder if GM planned for shipping these 3 at a time? or if this was something they figured out later? 3 at a time with todays fuel prices is expensive.
I was assuming at the moment the scarcest resource is truck drivers, so get as many on every truck they can.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good point. I imagine they are trying to optimize shipping now even if it gets orders out of order a bit in delivery. Probably cheaper to haul 3 to the same spot in one trip, helps numbers overall, versus haul a 1 or 2 then make another trip or two.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Good point. I imagine they are trying to optimize shipping now even if it gets orders out of order a bit in delivery. Probably cheaper to haul 3 to the same spot in one trip, helps numbers overall, versus haul a 1 or 2 then make another trip or two.
Exactly... Have you gotten your charger yet? it seems GM is prioritizing chargers in close to the order of deliveries...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Well after putting 4k miles on my Hummer EV I have just sold it for a pretty reasonable profit. I’m pretty sure when we all placed our $100 reservations over 2 years ago none of us had any intention on selling. I was thinking about how much it would depreciate after buying it 😂

But it just wouldn’t have made financial sense if I kept it. It’s depreciating daily and this time next year they will be much easier to get when all the new versions are on the streets.

But man it was an absolutely amazing truck. I was so shocked how great and smooth they drive. Parking lot maneuverability with 4 wheel steering is fantastic. Being able to remove the roof is also cool but I’m not a convertible guy.
The acceleration was a blast i raced a TRX from a 50 roll and the hummer absolutely left it. Hands down the most exciting vehicle i ever owned. It had everything speed, practical and a huge crowd gatherer. It really made me like how EV drives. Makes me very excited for the Silverado EV. I will own a Hummer EV again when the price cools down on them.

Cons: Road noise from the roof. Back seat floor way to high for any adult over 6 feet tall.
Pulls to the left when you floor it.

I miss not seeing it in my drive way any more

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well after putting 4k miles on my Hummer EV I have just sold it for a pretty reasonable profit. I’m pretty sure when we all placed our $100 reservations over 2 years ago none of us had any intention on selling. I was thinking about how much it would depreciate after buying it 😂

But it just wouldn’t have made financial sense if I kept it. It’s depreciating daily and this time next year they will be much easier to get when all the new versions are on the streets.

But man it was an absolutely amazing truck. I was so shocked how great and smooth they drive. Parking lot maneuverability with 4 wheel steering is fantastic. Being able to remove the roof is also cool but I’m not a convertible guy.
The acceleration was a blast i raced a TRX from a 50 roll and the hummer absolutely left it. Hands down the most exciting vehicle i ever owned. It had everything speed, practical and a huge crowd gatherer. It really made me like how EV drives. Makes me very excited for the Silverado EV. I will own a Hummer EV again when the price cools down on them.

Cons: Road noise from the roof. Back seat floor way to high for any adult over 6 feet tall.
Pulls to the left when you floor it.

I miss not seeing it in my drive way any more
Everything doesn't have to make financial sense you know!!!
You could die tomorrow!
I just had a Heart Issue happen out of nowhere and could have died Friday, and the extra $50-$100 Grand or so would not have mattered, but my wife taking me to the hospital in our electric hummer was Awesome!!!

You Only Live once and Money doesn't matter.....as long as you have some...lol!!
AND>>>>Before March 2020 Everything Depreciated!!!!

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,091 Posts
Everything doesn't have to make financial sense you know!!!
You could die tomorrow!
I just had a Heart Issue happen out of nowhere and could have died Friday, and the extra $50-$100 Grand or so would not have mattered, but my wife taking me to the hospital in our electric hummer was Awesome!!!

You Only Live once and Money doesn't matter.....as long as you have some...lol!!
AND>>>>Before March 2020 Everything Depreciated!!!!
Maybe the Hummer is causing your heart issues though? Too much excitement!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts