GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was a spring delivery as was the guy before me, and I know I was much further back in line than him. When the truck came it had three hummers though, so while I jumped a lot in line, whoever is getting that third hummer had to have been a summer delivery.

I think right now it’s logistics, if you just so happen to luck out and hitch a ride with someone earlier in line you will get yours sooner.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I was a spring delivery as was the guy before me, and I know I was much further back in line than him. When the truck came it had three hummers though, so while I jumped a lot in line, whoever is getting that third hummer had to have been a summer delivery.

I think right now it’s logistics, if you just so happen to luck out and hitch a ride with someone earlier in line you will get yours sooner.
Logistics first bottleneck, battery production second bottleneck. I wonder if GM planned for shipping these 3 at a time? or if this was something they figured out later? 3 at a time with todays fuel prices is expensive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Logistics first bottleneck, battery production second bottleneck. I wonder if GM planned for shipping these 3 at a time? or if this was something they figured out later? 3 at a time with todays fuel prices is expensive.
Good point. I imagine they are trying to optimize shipping now even if it gets orders out of order a bit in delivery. Probably cheaper to haul 3 to the same spot in one trip, helps numbers overall, versus haul a 1 or 2 then make another trip or two.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Good point. I imagine they are trying to optimize shipping now even if it gets orders out of order a bit in delivery. Probably cheaper to haul 3 to the same spot in one trip, helps numbers overall, versus haul a 1 or 2 then make another trip or two.
Exactly... Have you gotten your charger yet? it seems GM is prioritizing chargers in close to the order of deliveries...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts