GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a strange one for those of us here that have studied all the details about the EV Hummer. But they are suggesting an ICE version with a Duramax... That seems like it would defeat a lot of things and probably would not even work with the uni-body (I do not want to start another argument @Tom E-Tron ) and the structure of how the EV is built... But, I do like wheels on this and as much as I hate to say it.... It does look pretty cool dropped down low too...

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is a strange one for those of us here that have studied all the details about the EV Hummer. But they are suggesting an ICE version with a Duramax... That seems like it would defeat a lot of things and probably would not even work with the uni-body (I do not want to start another argument @Tom E-Tron ) and the structure of how the EV is built... But, I do like wheels on this and as much as I hate to say it.... It does look pretty cool dropped down low too...

It wouldn’t work with an ICE engine as you say It’s just one guys fun way of “what if” the original lineup could have continued on. Very nice though.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
It wouldn’t work with an ICE engine as you say It’s just one guys fun way of “what if” the original lineup could have continued on. Very nice though.
@MattF is correct, swapping a diesel into the Hummer would be nearly impossible due to how the HummerEv structure is designed. Now, I say nearly impossible because you could do it, but the best way would be to build a full tube chassis with the Duramax powertrain, and cut the Hummer body off the structure and mount it on the tube frame. This would be extremely expensive, and you would likely run into many interferences with the cab and bed. You could convert an HD Silverado to a Hummer looking body much cheaper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is just some artist’s conceptual crap. They even lowered it…. Actually slammed it to the ground. All things considered, this is pretty lame. Has no basis in reality and nowhere in this artist‘s work did they mention or justify anything about diesel anything. Just another mediocre CG artist making fantasy car renders that for some reason blogger sites pick up as if it’s newsworthy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is exactly what I was saying.... There is no way that a Duramax would work in this vehicle with this chassis... It would be a hell of an undertaking just to say that you did it.... But I doubt that they could get everything to work with an ICE and an Allison transmission which is not small Trans and no trans tunnel in the original design... And then needing room for the fuel tank as well... Not to mention the independent rear suspension and 4 wheel steering systems.... Whoever came up with the article really did not do their research...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
That is exactly what I was saying.... There is no way that a Duramax would work in this vehicle with this chassis... It would be a hell of an undertaking just to say that you did it.... But I doubt that they could get everything to work with an ICE and an Allison transmission which is not small Trans and no trans tunnel in the original design... And then needing room for the fuel tank as well... Not to mention the independent rear suspension and 4 wheel steering systems.... Whoever came up with the article really did not do their research...
Most people do not do research before having ideas like this. It would be easier to shorten the frame, and graft a HummerEV body onto a Silverado HD chassis, Way easier!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts