GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX & 2015 Wrangler JKU Hard Rock Rubicon
22 Posts
All the dealers had to have their requirements in by the end of last month.
Question for those of you who have received the emails.... Are they coming from your dealership, or "Your GMC Team"?.... I have really only received some marketing emails from my local dealership, and similar but different emails from "Your GMC Team", but I do not have an Edition1 reservation, so I am not really expecting anything yet.... But I would like to be kept up to date as I know that the owner of my dealership is getting one and I for sure want to go and check it out as soon as I can.
As far as I know GMC hasn't send any communication, it was supposed to go out a few weeks ago and then was bumped to October 4th and then pushed back again 🤷

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
All the dealers had to have their requirements in by the end of last month.

As far as I know GMC hasn't send any communication, it was supposed to go out a few weeks ago and then was bumped to October 4th and then pushed back again 🤷
GM is playing so coy and non committal... I think the Bolt fiasco freaked management out (as it should) and they are being very very careful with the Hummer Launch

·
Registered
26 Posts
GM is playing so coy and non committal... I think the Bolt fiasco freaked management out (as it should) and they are being very very careful with the Hummer Launch
Agree! GM definitely needs to get this right, too much at stake here. Rivian was the first, so no rush at this point. We have waited this long, make sure everything is 100%.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well.... 2022 Ford Bronco Order Reservations are close...... Received this email today.... Lets Go GM... hmmm Bronco Raptor Edition?

It's almost time to order your 2022 Bronco™ SUV.
thanks for being one of the first to reserve the new Ford Bronco SUV. As we close out production for the 2021 model-year Bronco, we wanted to share some important details with you on the upcoming 2022 model-year ordering process.

Within two weeks, our 2022 model-year Build & Price tool and ordering system will be available, and we will send you an email invitation to place your order.

Once your Bronco order is placed, your delivery timing will depend on several factors, including reservation time stamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part availability and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer receives. We expect deliveries to begin in the first quarter of 2022 and to continue throughout the remainder of the calendar year.
FOR THE 2022 MODEL YEAR, BRONCO WILL OFFER
New color options: Hot Pepper Red and Eruption Green
Sasquatch™ Package expands: now available on Bronco two- and four-door base, Big Bend,™ Black Diamond™ and Badlands™ series with manual transmission
A new available powder-coated steel front bumper
New Special Edition and limited-production offerings, like the Bronco Raptor™ SUV (Available in the summer of 2022)
We will let you know when ordering is officially open. And we look forward to helping you get into a new Bronco.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I want to get a bronco raptor also what would be the best way going about that ? Thanks in advance
Well.... 2022 Ford Bronco Order Reservations are close...... Received this email today.... Lets Go GM... hmmm Bronco Raptor Edition?

It's almost time to order your 2022 Bronco™ SUV.
thanks for being one of the first to reserve the new Ford Bronco SUV. As we close out production for the 2021 model-year Bronco, we wanted to share some important details with you on the upcoming 2022 model-year ordering process.

Within two weeks, our 2022 model-year Build & Price tool and ordering system will be available, and we will send you an email invitation to place your order.

Once your Bronco order is placed, your delivery timing will depend on several factors, including reservation time stamp, vehicle model and configuration selected, part availability and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer receives. We expect deliveries to begin in the first quarter of 2022 and to continue throughout the remainder of the calendar year.

FOR THE 2022 MODEL YEAR, BRONCO WILL OFFER

New color options: Hot Pepper Red and Eruption Green
Sasquatch™ Package expands: now available on Bronco two- and four-door base, Big Bend,™ Black Diamond™ and Badlands™ series with manual transmission
A new available powder-coated steel front bumper
New Special Edition and limited-production offerings, like the Bronco Raptor™ SUV (Available in the summer of 2022)

We will let you know when ordering is officially open. And we look forward to helping you get into a new Bronco.
I want to order a bronco raptor also what would be the best way going about that ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my build notice for my 2 door I ordered.. I wonder if they'd let me change it to a raptor at this point. I'm seriously debating keeping this HEV

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my build notice for my 2 door I ordered.. I wonder if they'd let me change it to a raptor at this point. I'm seriously debating keeping this HEV
If you got your build notice for a 21, you're probably looking at a new order. Not sure you can 99 the order/postpone to 22 if they've already set it for a build date. Also, Bronco Raptors aren't expected to be available to order when 22 orders open nor are they expected to be orderable on existing reservations from what I've seen.

Here's a bunch of people sad they're getting 21s: Anyone else disappointed to get scheduled for 21?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you got your build notice for a 21, you're probably looking at a new order. Not sure you can 99 the order/postpone to 22 if they've already set it for a build date. Also, Bronco Raptors aren't expected to be available to order when 22 orders open nor are they expected to be orderable on existing reservations from what I've seen.

Here's a bunch of people sad they're getting 21s: Anyone else disappointed to get scheduled for 21?
Yea I’ll probably swing this one and wait it out. I’d only be interested in a raptor if it came in a v8

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems pretty quiet around here!?!?
Did everyone get their First Edition & are oot & aboot while I am still in the dark from my Dealer?
Can't wait until I get a call-email-text-whatever!!! This process has been very arduous, with info that makes us feel like any day, then a month of no info :-/. Kind of wish there would have been no info a month ago, I would not have been so anxious.
It helped by reading the forum...but nothing here for a few days...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did everyone get their First Edition & are oot & aboot while I am still in the dark from my Dealer?
Can't wait until I get a call-email-text-whatever!!! This process has been very arduous, with info that makes us feel like any day, then a month of no info :-/. Kind of wish there would have been no info a month ago, I would not have been so anxious.
I been waiting for any type of update but it’s been crickets in here

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was right there with you I had a pretty free weekend and kept checking the forum for anything new and there was nothing...I was thinking that @Tom E-Tron must have gotten his hands on his 1st Edition and went off the grid where he couldn't post... Or maybe his wife took his phone or something... I even went to YouTube and re-watched some of the 1st drive videos... Hopefully this is the week that those with Edition 1 reservations get their orders started and they can share some info..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was right there with you I had a pretty free weekend and kept checking the forum for anything new and there was nothing...I was thinking that @Tom E-Tron must have gotten his hands on his 1st Edition and went off the grid where he couldn't post... Or maybe his wife took his phone or something... I even went to YouTube and re-watched some of the 1st drive videos... Hopefully this is the week that those with Edition 1 reservations get their orders started and they can share some info..
You all are not alone. I remember getting goosebumps about a year ago watching the promo video, then getting lucky enough to get in on a first edition. I would really really LOVE it if I could experience that same feeling on Wednesday or Thursday when someone would call or email me about moving this reservation to an order. Even if there is no build date yet, even if there is no timeline, just would be awesome to say. I have one on order, instead of I have one reserved. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to wonder if some of the delay is due to GMC Dealerships not being ready with the requirements GMC mandated to be able to sell the Hummer EV.

This First Edition allocation process has had so many challenges, the first being controlling/tempering the excitement for those who were lucky enough to get a reservation. Then the logistics of the actual production of the Hummer EV!!

I think this process shows the advantage Tesla has in a direct sales model. I have no answers, but the process of having to pick a dealer as the first step in the reservation was flawed logic. What happens to the reservation holder who was near the front of the line whose Dealer is not authorized due to not finalizing all the requirements? Or the Dealer who says $50k ADM, because the dealership has limited inventory to sell? I understand if a reservation holder says no, and request a change of dealerships, they go to the back of the line :-/.

I ordered a 2020 C8 in July of 2019. There was a list of Dealerships who committed to selling at MSRP, which I paid when I finally took delivery in Aug 2020. For the First Edition, having to gift a Dealer with my reservation with no ability to allow for price competition is a big flaw in my eyes. But we are in abnormal times, I don't fault anyone though, no one could have predicted our current reality several years ago when this was all planned.

Thanks for letting me ruminate & ramble here...

Jeff

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would think GM would have to release all the specs such as range, towing, etc before they start taking orders. otherwise they open themselves to a can of worms if people order and then they find out later it doesn’t come close to what GM has been talking about they will have people demanding their money back which would be bad publicity.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts